Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's hear from you gang about your favorite moto gp racer and why?.

I'll get the ball rolling.....My favorite racer is the current world champion, Nicky Hayden. I really like his riding style and his never say die attitude :hail

Would like to see him re-peat on the new 800's and would really!! like to see him on a ninja :thumbup

·
Registered
894 Posts
Apart form Vale...

I've always been a fan of Alex Barros... Such a late braker and awesome to watch. :hail

·
Banned
35 Posts
I have too say that Hayden is my current fav, I grew up watching the great's. Roberts, Lawson, Spencer, Rossi. I think the entire Hayden family is dedicated to our sport. And that is good for everyone. Very glad to see Nicky take it back to the U.S of A!

·
Registered
11 Posts
He might not usually get placed anywhere, but after Estoril I've got a lot of time for Toni Elias. To charge into turn 1 sideways on every lap and still have any rubber on his back tyre - let alone enough to beat Rossi - was just unbelievable.

However, the best rider out there has to be Vale, like it or not.

·
Registered
584 Posts
John Hopkins, most talented young rider on the grid IMO. I think he should do quite well with the "new" 800cc bike under him. I can't wait for it to start!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya Davcruz, this season is going to real interesting. I've been wondering if change in cc's could possibly reserect the ZX750?,HHHMMM make's you think :confused

·
Registered
80 Posts
troy bayliss, raced one race in 2006 led from start to finish and only rider to win both the motogp and superbike race in the same year

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like Edwards because of his blunt personality. It's hilarious to hear some of the things he says. Besides, how can you not like a guy who has The Shocker on his bike?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Casey Stoner. He's hot. And a Queenslander.

Then Chris Vermeulen. Because he's a family friend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think its Riz Suzuki. I thought Nakano did OK on the up and going Ninja, the old zx10 was supposed to be based on an smaller maybe even the 800 size chasis etc, so big hopes for the ninja this year, 2 french rides so lets hope they have a real strong bond and the kwaka's ride to victory. Its got nothing to do with the fact i love ninja! ;-) lol

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i stopped being a hayden fan completely when after asked how he won the race his response was something to the affect of "i just put my head down, and got'er done".

i've always been an edwards fan, hope to see him on the podium some more.

-:banana

·
Registered
503 Posts
Rossi, he is just simply a GENIUS, especially with worn tyres. I know it gets a bit repetitive when he keeps winning, but that is just because he is so damn good! I do actually think that Nicky winning last season was good for bike racing though, it will definitely inject some more determination into Rossi!
I truly believe Rossi is the fastest guy out there, bar none. Pedrosa will run him close this year on the 800's (coz Honda built the bike around HIM, not their world champion!) but in the end, Rossi's sheer talent and class will make him champ again.

·
Banned
35 Posts
This year looks to be very intresting. I cant give top odd's to anyone at this time, but to ride with the vigor all of them do I must say job well done to all, and look forward to this season!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rossi, he is just simply a GENIUS, especially with worn tyres. I know it gets a bit repetitive when he keeps winning, but that is just because he is so damn good! I do actually think that Nicky winning last season was good for bike racing though, it will definitely inject some more determination into Rossi!
I truly believe Rossi is the fastest guy out there, bar none. Pedrosa will run him close this year on the 800's (coz Honda built the bike around HIM, not their world champion!) but in the end, Rossi's sheer talent and class will make him champ again.
Definitley Rossi as a favourite for personality/riding. But I think Pedrosa will win this time. But watch out for Nakano Shinya too as he's from my neck of the woods over here:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not suprising really this is it??? Our trans-atlantic cousins all supporting their countrymen and us poor old brits having to look elsewhere, coz we don't have anyone on a top flight bike. Bugger!
I know Jezza, on the new Ilmor, is in the series again this year, but lets faceit , he won't be a front runner.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts