Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hey guys. I just bought and 07 zx6r and i love it. The only problem i have is that it has no low end. what can be done to get a little more out of it?"

This was asked in another forum and i have the exact same bike and i want to know if someone here has better advice cuz i need more low end power. CUZ I CANT EVEN DO A POWER UP WHEELIE in 1st. :thumbdown

·
Registered
956 Posts
the cheap and easy fix is to add some teeth to the back sprocket or go down a tooth in the front. If you lower your gear ratio enough your will think your bike is some wheelie happy GP bike. your top speed and fuel mileage will suffer a bit and you may be tack'n in the hi revs on the freeway.

Buy a few Sprockets and play around with it.. you will find a combo you like. it also gives you practice taking your back wheel off and on.

Your bike can do a power Wheelie bone stock.. trust me.. Just rev the bike to about 9-10k and let off the gas for a 1/4 to 1/2 sec and get back on it full throttle and she will stand up.. you just got to time it just right.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Track school and riding experience is the best fix imho. 600cc I4's have never made much low end - what's needed is a different riding style. All the mods in the world won't make a huge difference in the rpm at which the power comes in (unless you go forced induction). Gearing it lower may make it easier for you to run the motor at higher rpms where it makes loads of power. If all that fails, buy a liter twin:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll try the 9000 rpm and see what happens cuz thats the main thing i want is the power wheelie, thanks guys! i'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I at one time thought my bike was not capable of doing power wheelies at that is just simply not true. Like they said crank it up to about 9K, let off and jam back on the power and she will come up. Scared the crap outta me the first time tho..Power wheelies are not real practical tho since you need a lot of road. I want to perfect my clutching technique.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You can power it up in first, just blip the throttle a couple times at the right rpm's and it will come up, trust me. Gearing is the best way to spend your money, but if you do that then you should really get a speed healer or you'll rack up crazy miles on the bike that aren't actual miles and your speedo will be off.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, I can't do a clutchless wheelie on this bike. My F4i would come up very nicely, I miss that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
when i give my 07 zx6r full throtle in frist it wont wheelie or is that just cause i have to let off at 9000 for a half a sec
yes you need to let the suspension unload for a sec and then the momentum of you jamming back on the gas should bring it up.
But when it does come up it will come up REALLY fast and you might just scare yourself so be forewarned.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
just roll the throttle until it wont roll any more (whilst the clutch is still in), then just lose all contact with the clutch lever as fast as u can..then i bet the front wheel would come up. that'd be AWESOME!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts