Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
RAF Wittering is holding it's next moped race on saturday 4 august.:laugh
If you want to join in the craziness, you can download an entry form from www.british50ccracing.com

The rules are simple - 50cc 2 stroke twist and go type scooter OR 90cc 4 stroke with crash gearbox (think c90's) BUT ABSOLUTLEY NO MX BIKES OR CLUTCHES ALLOWED!!!!!!
It's £60 per team and vast majority of proceeds go to local charities and hospitals. Teams can be up to 5 people and entrants need only to be 16 years plus and wear 1 piece or 2 piece leathers.
It's a 6 hour endurance race with practice and superpole qualifying in the morning. Race starts at 11am.
BBQ and festivities follow in the evening with camping permitted(encouraged!).

If that hasn't convinced you yet, look at these pictures - http://www.scarabis.com/WitteringPedRace9.6.7a.html
my team is #46, on the crappy ladybird painted 1989 yamaha jog 50 bought at the last minute as our usual super 'ped failed to run, Doh!

THIS THE MOST FUN YOU CAN POSSIBLY HAVE WITH YOUR CLOTHES ON!!!! :rotfl

If you have any questions , PM me and i'll help you out.
We are hopefully running another race later in the year too..........

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
That is freaking hilarious. Wish I could witness it, would be a right hoot! The track looks pretty eventful, especially that jump!

Love your scoot! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Some friends of mine do that only on grass track, shed full of beer, then out on the race track, Honda 50's only.Will post some pics later.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, scoot's ok(ish). Like i said, bought at last minute due to normal ride dying horribly (but she lasted 5 years in my grubby hands, so can't complain really!). New scoot was actually pretty quick to 25mph, don't laugh! Shame her tired old suspension couldn't cope with the weight of my 2 team mates. Bits were falling off almost every lap over that huuuuuuge scary ramp!
BUT WE FINISHED!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't wait till the next race!
It's SOOOOOOO funny seeing how competetive 80-100 grown ups can get buzzing around on 30mph scooters (me included!).
My team name is "T-Bone". We got that name after the very first race 5 years ago 'coz of my overtaking style - hard, up the inside! (ooer!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts