Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to this forum, just bought an 03 636 track bike.

I'm completely new to the ZX6 world, and was just wondering what parts are interchangeable between the years? Things like fairings I guess are obviously not going to work, but what about the meat?
Is the frame or subframe interchangeable? The motor mounts between years? The exhaust, wheels, sprockets, or anything else?

I'm just planning ahead in case I need spares, or find out that the 05+ maybe has better brakes, geometry or something? And are any of the track guys here willing to divulge which parts would be considered sought after to add to an 03? Maybe ZX10 brakes? I dunno, just shooting in the dark here.

I'm a sponge, so if there are other links I should be looking at, lemme have 'em!!

Thanks for the forum mods!

·
Registered
617 Posts
:thumbupHey Jeff: Vince here!. Since your bike is an 03 or 04 either year of parts will interchange, foreinstance, yours is a 6r whereas mines a 6rr they are basically the same except for the engine cc's and whereas mine is designed more for the track than the 6r is( which is more for street than track ).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vince. I was also trying to figure out about 05 and newer, as there seem to be more major components available for the newer iron.

What I'm getting at is if I need a new frame, sub, engine or whatever, what years can I bolt in? And preferably newer...

·
Registered
132 Posts
the axles of the 05's are smaller that the 04's but they make kits for them to fit, the sprocket on the rim is interchangable between 05 and 04. the 05 sprocket is a couple of teeth bigger than the 04's. I don't think the subframe is changable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts