Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems that my left (as you look head on to the bike) headlight is misting up for some reason? I've got a B1h. It's not major just annoying so any idea of a fix??

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,261 Posts
Get some butyl rubber glue, the spooled kind not the block (get it from the retrofit source). Take headlights out. Bake them in oven at 200° for 10 minutes. Start to gently pry apart, after loosening tabs. Probably have to repeat the heating process to pull fully apart. Be careful that old butyl glue seal doesn't get stringers on your lenses. Clean up old seal/glue. Clean up inside of lights. Make sure all vent tubes are not blocked. Make sure the vent tubes are actually there. Redo the butyl glue in the seal channel. Press all back together. Bake for 5-10. Press together for good. Let cure for an hour.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Make sure your bulb is correctly installed, if it's crooked or partially installed, it will let moisture in and cause fogging.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
On a few occasions I've gotten some super light fogging inside the housing, not really noticeable but it was there. That was on a factory bike, less than a year old.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,261 Posts
Vent tubes/outlets. Make sure they're not clogged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts