Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 05 ZX6R with some aftermarket stuff and some done to it but the bike shows 30k on the odometer. Here is a list of the extras done to it from the add...

Shorty brake and clutch lever
polished frame
gold accents
integrated taillight
under tail delete with two brothers exhuast. Deep sound but loud
lowered. Can go down 2 more inches if needed
Gold chain
polished swing arm
upgraded rotors with bigger calibers
flush mount side blinkers
new tires
new brakes
frame sliders
geared low

It's also got bigger sprockets and he says that will make the odometer read different. Not sure how true that is but I figured I would ask here to see what some more experienced guys think. The bike is super clean just high mileage. He's only asking $3500 though. What do ya'll think does she still have plenty of years under her with good maintenance?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'd tell him to take $3k and enjoy it because you have to spend all that time resurrecting it from a "other side of the tracks" bike. But to answer your question, yes that gearing will totally fuck the mileage off. How bad depends on what size sprockets he has on there. I bought mine -1/+1 and I'm actually going back to oem because I don't like it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Its not high miles. What constitues 30k high miles lol. People are so weird. 100k is high miles. 30k is nothing as long as valves have been done 2 times already. Again it's not not not high miles. Threats my biggest pet peeve people who don't have any knowledge of bikss

BTW polished frame and swing arm in my10 years dealing with bikes I would think its been down. Polishing is so ugly ruins the appearance just like chrome.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its not high miles. What constitues 30k high miles lol. People are so weird. 100k is high miles. 30k is nothing as long as valves have been done 2 times already. Again it's not not not high miles. Threats my biggest pet peeve people who don't have any knowledge of bikss

BTW polished frame and swing arm in my10 years dealing with bikes I would think its been down. Polishing is so ugly ruins the appearance just like chrome.
He's right. It's not really high miles if the guy took care of it. Some people seems to think everything over 20k means the motor is about to blow. My motor has 20k miles and I've never seen smoke come out of my exhaust. I say check for leaks and ask if he have done valve adjustments. These motors are made to take a beating.

I also have to agree with the polished frame.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Didn't mean to rile you up there Burnt as I defiantly don't have much knowledge about street bikes. Hint's why im here seeking help from people that do.

He's right. It's not really high miles if the guy took care of it. Some people seems to think everything over 20k means the motor is about to blow. My motor has 20k miles and I've never seen smoke come out of my exhaust. I say check for leaks and ask if he have done valve adjustments.

Thanks for the tips man....these are all great things to look at. About every 15-20K is time for valve adjustments right or at least have them checked?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Yes I'm not mad. Havent had coffee yet. Don't take it personal I'm sorry. But yea usually every15k. Just look the bike over VERY good. Check everything. Good luck any more questions just ask. Sorry for being a dick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I'm not mad. Havent had coffee yet. Don't take it personal I'm sorry. But yea usually every15k. Just look the bike over VERY good. Check everything. Good luck any more questions just ask. Sorry for being a dick
lol no worries man I have my days as well. Thanks again for everyones help!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys....I actually passed on this one as well. After talking to him I was worried about the condition of the bike and how well it had really been taken care of. I went yesterday to look at this 07 and decided to get it. Here is a list of things he had done to the bike and overall was just a lot more clean motorcycle.

Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on exhaust (carbon fiber)
Dynojet Power Commander
Puig tinted windscreen
Throttlemeister Cruise Control

R&G Frame Sliders
Progrip Tank Protector
Waterproof 12 volt receptacle (in dash)
Taillight relocated with turn signals built in
Tag bracket relocated
Short Clutch and Brake Lever
Michelin Pilot Road 3 Front and Rear (New)
New chain and sprockets stock size

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts