Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a set of michelin pilot power 2ct tyres for my zx6r that you all rave about,but cannot find anyone that stocks the front tyre in 120/65/17... im trying to find and order a pair front and back but cannot get the 120/65/17 tyre.can get back in the 180/55/17 no probs ,its the bloody front.anyone from england know where i can order a set online. :confused

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought ad stick with the standard sizes that came with original set, dont want to upset owt. :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Replaced my front 120/65/17 with a 120/70/17 Pilot Powers...no problems, may just have to adjust the forks a bit....love em....

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i was told the 120/65/17 was an od size and dont make em...so had to get the standard 60pp on front and 2ct on the rear at 180/55/17.chaec out the tyre website and check for sizes???

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been on the michelin website and it says the 120/65/17 is the tyre for my bike,but just cant find one.i can get pirelli corsa 3's in the size no probs.these were the tyres i was gonna get originally but u guys raved bout the michelins and i heard the pirellis were bit skitty in wet,so thought ad try the michelins.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If it were me I'd run the 70 on the front and just raise the tripples in the clamps a scosh to keep the geometry the same:)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am just reading reviews on the pirellis,not one said they were skittish in wet, iff owt they complained they were 2 soft,and only lasted 3-4000 miles.am thinking of going for the pirellis as can get them easily,and they sound sh#t hot. cant use bike yet anyway as wheather here is crap.

·
Registered
604 Posts
that's what I did.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
i run 120/70 and 180/55 as they are the easiest and cheapest sets to get hold of from any manufacturer. the 120/65 is always a pain to get hold of and often puts the price up for little or no gain in performance

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Struggled getting the michelins so ordered the pirelli corsa 3's have red all the reviews not much difference between the two.apart from corsas dont last too long. cant wait for summer.....

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
whats the $$$ on the corsas?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I paid £202, dont know wot that converts to ur $,wont be able to give em a whirl till wheather picks up though..

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
just looked up the currency calculator and it says your 202 is $460 buks in our money!! I paid $304 buks fitted for the rear new 2ct 180/55/17

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wanted the corsas originally,but told skittish in wet,av red loads of reviews and they said excellent in wet,so will get em slapped on me rims next week and wait for the wheather,I knew it was gonna be over £200 for new pair of tyres ,but wanted top rubber.you can never skrimp on tyres!!!!! :)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
yer good money = good ride = good times

·
Registered
55 Posts
bloody hell, i get bt014's for £140 a set ok i still have to get them fitted but that only cost's me £7. £200 is real top money for tyres

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the Pilot Powers in a 120/65/17 and the 180 on the rear.. I put my tires on myself and balance them too.. so didnt cost me anything to put them on.. I wanna say I paid 200-220 for the set(I bought them locally, they didnt have the front in stock, they had to get it from parts unlimited, it was like 5 bucks more than the 120/70).. It's been awhile.. and I have close to 7000 miles on mine right now....

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
costs 12 bucks for front tyre to get fitted and 15 for the rear at the local bike shops around here.. the last set of tyres i bought was $514 bucks fitted!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not getting them put on yet,cant decide wheather to polish the rims yet,as seen it done on here and they look great,and not got my abba stand yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts