Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Those chamfered edges make all the difference. Have had a set of locally made captive spacers for a while now. Night and day difference when changing wheels!
Great build thread! Keen to see how you progress it further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks sic. Did you have to get longer brake lines then stock length to work with brembo RCS master?
Thank you

I cant exactly say, Spiegler makes the rennsport longer i.e. looser to not restrict travel of the suspension. The Brembo will match up perfectly fine to the OEM lines though however the pitch of the lever range may be restricted

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Looking good bud! Just a quick note: I just noticed the header install. Consider this a friendly reminder that we are required to safety wire the outside header nuts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
So I got around to installing the Bazzaz yesterday....

First I installed a servo buddy to eliminate the FI light and exhaust servo motor supplied by Woodcraft Link

The Bazzaz install is pretty straight forward however there are two aspects to this install I was not particularly a fan of.

1. Bazzaz instructs the power supply be tapped using a Scotchlok, these are the devil! So a good old fashion solder guarantees Ill never have a power disruption to the unit

2. Bazzaz is designed to be installed at the rear of the tail in the trunk. Im not a fan of this because in my opinion it puts it in a vulnerable location to damage in the event of a high side. So thanks to the room freed up using the Servo buddy its now nestled lower down under the seat.

I have the newest version of the Bazzaz system that includes a strain gauge with the USS system. My bodywork is not in yet so I havent been able to decide the optimal location for the USS module

Special thanks to my mechanic for giving me a hand too

(FYI his middle name is Agostini lol)

Still have a long but simple list of things to do but I have till end of April to get it all buttoned up

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This weekend I got into the garage; forks pulled and off to get KTech cartridges installed

Hopefully next weekend it will be much warmer and I can begin to address this atrocity; relocating the rectifier under the tail and simplifying the harness like I did on my '05

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
This weekend the drivetrain was addressed with Renthal Sprockets and a D.I.D. ERV3 Chain

Also I took the time to weigh the different components to see the weight of rotational mass lost was

OEM
Front 184g
Rear 830g
Chain 1650g

Renthal & D.I.D.
Front 150g
Rear 368g
Chain 1845g

Forgot to snap an installed pic so that will have to wait till next weekend, hopefully my forks will be back then too

·
Director of Moderation
9,579 Posts
Awesome! I wonder if someday I will care about grams of weight saved...lol
You should always care about that!

The reason why I'm on a diet now and been losing some weight is not to look better or to be healthier...it's to go faster! :devilish

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Awesome! I wonder if someday I will care about grams of weight saved...lol
Some grams here some grams there, it all adds up. Rotational mass makes a good bit difference. I still plan to add a lightened rear rotor and Mad Scientist Moto Titanium Sprocket Nuts / Rotor Bolts

The reason why I'm on a diet now and been losing some weight is not to look better or to be healthier...it's to go faster! :devilish
At 150lbs Im all set in that department lol

·
Registered
459 Posts

The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive

·
Director of Moderation
9,579 Posts
The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive
Haha nice! Winter is hard cuz I don't do much and I eat more cuz I'm bored. I was 240 at my worst, now I'm at hovering around 215 but plateaued in the last month or so. Burning calories should be cheaper than buying titanium or carbon...but it sure as hell isn't easier! lol

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
This weekend the drivetrain was addressed with Renthal Sprockets and a D.I.D. ERV3 Chain

Also I took the time to weigh the different components to see the weight of rotational mass lost was

OEM
Front 184g
Rear 830g
Chain 1650g

Renthal & D.I.D.
Front 150g
Rear 368g
Chain 1845g

Forgot to snap an installed pic so that will have to wait till next weekend, hopefully my forks will be back then too
Good stuff and thanks for the weight measurements. Something that I always meant to do but forgot. Interesting that the aftermarket chain weighs more than the OEM but man, the weight savings on the rear sprocket is extreme! Lower MOI = win!

Hahaha. Awesome! I frequently wear my fitbit when riding to monitor my heart rate which has the added benefit of logging about 50k steps for the day :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Good stuff and thanks for the weight measurements. Something that I always meant to do but forgot. Interesting that the aftermarket chain weighs more than the OEM but man, the weight savings on the rear sprocket is extreme! Lower MOI = win!
I figured it would be slightly heavier due to its durability. I might re-weigh it though, I think theres about 1lb of that factory grease on it lol. Im sure its a minimal difference but if I'm throwing up numbers they might as well be accurate.

Don't forget the loss from your shiny bits soon;). Waiting for the forks to be done so I can kill two birds with one trip up that way.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Some grams here some grams there, it all adds up. Rotational mass makes a good bit difference. I still plan to add a lightened rear rotor and Mad Scientist Moto Titanium Sprocket Nuts / Rotor Bolts

At 150lbs Im all set in that department lol
haha I'm right around there too at about 165lbs

hahaha bulking season FTW! I'm in the same boat, trying to gain 5-10lbs.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts