Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and I'm undecided as to whether or not I really give a shit.

So the day started like any other, a lot of crap to do, new gig doesn't start for another couple of weeks so I figured I'd work on my article for the magazine and take care of some other things. But the weather was distracting. I could see the leaves swaying ever so lightly on the trees outside and as I walked out with the dog it was a nice cool 72 degrees with mostly sunny skies.

"I think it's time to get some air."

I grabbed my jacket, checked my tire pressures and fired up the mighty ninja. Made my way to the gas station, filled up and that's when it happened.

I was waiting patiently to pull out into the turn lane to hit the freeway that leads to the canyon. There are two turn lanes, I only really wanted one but some dumb ass lady was RIGHT in my way and was too busy screaming at her kid to notice that her light was green and that ALL of the other cars were gone... long gone. I waited. I waited some more. She was perfectly in my way and I needed the lane on the other side of her so I went for it. I pulled out, made my way across the two lanes and cut in front of her just as she was turning around to face the steering wheel. I had plenty of time, plenty of space and before she was even on the gas I was already in the other lane, out of her way, and flipping the bike to the left to make the turn through the intersection. But she was pissed.

We caught the next yellow light and as I rolled to a stop in the left turn lane she pulls up alongside me. I couldn't really make out what she was saying over the sound of Five Finger Death Punch, I didn't really care, I was already shaking my head, but it was something along the lines of "I have a KID in the car!" I looked over casually, sat up, flipped up my visor after giving the universal two finger gesture for her to "pay fucking attention" and she continued yammering on with a pointed finger and everything. I finally leaned in towards her and said: "Lady, you're a distracted driver. Distracted drivers kill people. If your KIDS are a distraction then you shouldn't have them in a car with you. If that isn't an option then maybe you shouldn't have any fuckin' kids!" She was furious. I could hear the shrill rage resonating over my badass metal jams. I noticed that the other light had turned yellow and she was still yelling at me. At this point the lady in the car next to her was glaring at me too. I leaned over, clicked the bike into gear and tilted my head toward her, interrupting her soap-box: "Lady, your kids aren't my problem, deal with it."

I wish I could say that it didn't really bother me, But as I made my way into the canyon I felt a little bit pissed off at how entitled these damn people are and how they expect YOU to accommodate their stupidity, the inattentiveness, and then they have the audacity to get shitty when they damn near kill someone. Maybe it's PMS, maybe it's just a general disliking for American breeder women, who knows. But for what its worth...

Sorry I made us all look like dicks. Hopefully karma has some mercy on me.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
... and I'm undecided as to whether or not I really give a shit.

So the day started like any other, a lot of crap to do, new gig doesn't start for another couple of weeks so I figured I'd work on my article for the magazine and take care of some other things. But the weather was distracting. I could see the leaves swaying ever so lightly on the trees outside and as I walked out with the dog it was a nice cool 72 degrees with mostly sunny skies.

"I think it's time to get some air."

I grabbed my jacket, checked my tire pressures and fired up the mighty ninja. Made my way to the gas station, filled up and that's when it happened.

I was waiting patiently to pull out into the turn lane to hit the freeway that leads to the canyon. There are two turn lanes, I only really wanted one but some dumb ass lady was RIGHT in my way and was too busy screaming at her kid to notice that her light was green and that ALL of the other cars were gone... long gone. I waited. I waited some more. She was perfectly in my way and I needed the lane on the other side of her so I went for it. I pulled out, made my way across the two lanes and cut in front of her just as she was turning around to face the steering wheel. I had plenty of time, plenty of space and before she was even on the gas I was already in the other lane, out of her way, and flipping the bike to the left to make the turn through the intersection. But she was pissed.

We caught the next yellow light and as I rolled to a stop in the left turn lane she pulls up alongside me. I couldn't really make out what she was saying over the sound of Five Finger Death Punch, I didn't really care, I was already shaking my head, but it was something along the lines of "I have a KID in the car!" I looked over casually, sat up, flipped up my visor after giving the universal two finger gesture for her to "pay fucking attention" and she continued yammering on with a pointed finger and everything. I finally leaned in towards her and said: "Lady, you're a distracted driver. Distracted drivers kill people. If your KIDS are a distraction then you shouldn't have them in a car with you. If that isn't an option then maybe you shouldn't have any fuckin' kids!" She was furious. I could hear the shrill rage resonating over my badass metal jams. I noticed that the other light had turned yellow and she was still yelling at me. At this point the lady in the car next to her was glaring at me too. I leaned over, clicked the bike into gear and tilted my head toward her, interrupting her soap-box: "Lady, your kids aren't my problem, deal with it."

I wish I could say that it didn't really bother me, But as I made my way into the canyon I felt a little bit pissed off at how entitled these damn people are and how they expect YOU to accommodate their stupidity, the inattentiveness, and then they have the audacity to get shitty when they damn near kill someone. Maybe it's PMS, maybe it's just a general disliking for American breeder women, who knows. But for what its worth...

OMG. Wow. God damn you are awesome. I'm in love. Will you marry me? :devious

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno... I have some remorse that I pulled that shit in front of her kid who was sitting in the front seat (probably 10 or so, I think I may have seen him giggle as I was making my case). But seriously... overall I'm just tired of it and thinking about the fact that these morons are reproducing makes me cringe.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You put it better then most would. At least you made a valid point instead of just the normal "eff you" sign language with no attempt at giving your side :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't take Latin but was curious what this meant, so thank heavens for Google .

Si vis pacem, para bellum is a Latin adage translated as, "If you want peace, prepare for war" (usually interpreted as meaning peace through strength—a strong society being less likely to be attacked by enemies). The adage was adapted from a statement found in Book 3 of Latin author Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus's tract De Re Militari (4th or 5th century),[1] although the idea it conveys is also present in earlier works, such as Plato's Nomoi (Laws).[2][3]

·
Registered
971 Posts
I feel yah MoM. Similar incident to me today only I was in the cage. Trying to turn left from a poorly designed intersection trying to get to the shop to see f they can take my bike in tomorrow. I'm in the left turn lane, have to cross two lanes to get to the shop. Cars are backed up for the red light, past the drive way I'm trying to turn in. Those lanes are all stopped. First guy in lane sees in trying to turn and stops short to let me by, not the lady in the second lane jabbering away on her cell phone, so there I am stuck half way across the road, lady looking right at me doesn't even blink, just keeps jabbering away. Guy in first lane is now death staring her after he honked his horn at her, I'm giving her the "WTF lady?" Look, and still doesn't give a flying fig newton about anyone but herself. Light turns and lady behind her let me thru.

Translated:
" If you wish for peace prepare for war "

·
Registered
117 Posts
The response from MOM was:

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" (or "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"[1]) is Latin for "I shall either find a way or make one."[2][3][4]

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I had a similar experience today, but it was a guy at the lights in front of me fiddling with his phone. He was late getting off the line and as I passed him on the right lane, I looked at him again and he was playing with his phone again. I too gave him the universal two-finger 'look at the road ahead' sign and moved on.

He probably felt guilty. I know because I didn't get chased. Or maybe because I was in full leathers with some badass skull knee pucks.

A few other incidents today... people not yielding when you merge on the highway and muscle cars sitting on my tail.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ummm.....why on earth are you apologizing?

You're absolutely right, people take ZERO accountability anymore for what they do. It's ALWAYS someone else or something else.

I'm with you 100%. I'm sick and tired of people not paying attention. EVERYWHERE I look EVERYONE is disgustingly obese with faces stuck to their phones, shaving, putting makeup on, eating a big mac, large fry and big gulp...not giving one fuck about where their one ton vehicle is headed. God forbid they get into an accident and it's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

It's disgusting. American society sickens me most of the time now.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The response from MOM was:

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" (or "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"[1]) is Latin for "I shall either find a way or make one."[2][3][4]
It was posted as I was typing, calm down killer you are not the only one who knows Latin.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Wow no need to apologize you where a lot nicer about it then I would've been glad you just didn't take that shit what a dumb bitch

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I haven't been able to say anything to the idiot drivers that try to kill me, so I'm thinking you handled that well. This must be the reason go pros exist :sigh:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just smile and wave....they don't know why they are in the wrong and usually don't have the mental capability to wrap their head around the fact that they are sitting at the controls of a large steel wrecking ball with wheels....MoM, don't feel bad because you lost a tiny bit of self control when slapped in the face with raw intolerable ignorance. Everyone snaps a little or they break. Yes there was a young kid in the car that had to witness a small taste of reality in the world but feel bad that he has to deal with his mother "American breeder woman" (I like that)...you constrained yourself from the many worse options better than most of us out on two wheel would have

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I was putting my dinner in the oven just now and I started laughing at the fact that right now some dude who probably just got home from a long day of work, is probably listening to his wife bitch about some stupid motorcyclist who cut her off for NO REASON in traffic today. Meanwhile he's probably thinking: "I need to get a bike."

Hahahahaha

But in all seriousness no matter how blatantly the error is presented to these people it will ALWAYS be us looking like asses. It's like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I was just thinking the other day about how I'd love to buy up some land somewhere ( a lot of it) and start my own town (basically a glorified homeowners association but way less uptight and with values centered around bikes) and in order to be a resident you have to ride. You simply cannot reside within the limits if you don't have a bike or at least some very very strong affiliation with riding. Politics and all of that can be determined...

·
Registered
999 Posts
I was just thinking the other day about how I'd love to buy up some land somewhere ( a lot of it) and start my own town (basically a glorified homeowners association but way less uptight and with values centered around bikes) and in order to be a resident you have to ride. You simply cannot reside within the limits if you don't have a bike or at least some very very strong affiliation with riding. Politics and all of that can be determined...
I would like my house with a 2 car garage as well as a shop :D:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Like Radiator Springs from the movie cars....but it would be bikes....that is a world that ends with the saying.....Yea that kinda rich!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts