Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit the bullet after a particularly nice overtime claim and put the ZX6 into Maxton Suspension. Richard who helps run the place gave it a once over and I'm having the front forks re-worked with new springs and the rear shock re-sprung and rebuilt also the ride height adjusted all settings and spring rates are matched to my riding preferences, style and my weight in my gear. There was no sag at the back, compression and rebound although close to factory settings weren't right either.
Had a phone call that its ready for collection, bummer is I can't pick it up until tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes, hoping to have a lot more feedback, better turning and suspension that does its job properly.

·
Registered
206 Posts
when i had my suspension done i was so impressed with the quality of the ride. i had 25 mm cartridge kit for the front and a matching shock. You will defentley feel the difference.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
soundin pretty good and should be like a new ride aswell

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well got the bike back yesterday and did a bit of running around on her only about 30 miles but mainly local stuff, got to say it feels a whole lot better. A bit weird at first 'cos there it it compresses under my weight when I sit on it now, whereas before it just didn't move. It flows over most bumps now, before it tried to kick me out of the seat. The best bit is corners and sweepers where it wants to attack and drop in giving feedback and holding its line so much better. Can't wait to get over to the Isle of Man next year to really test it.

Also fitted some HEL braided lines yesterday afternoon but haven't had time to go for a ride and prove their worth yet, hopefully Monday I'll have chance for a good ride out.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it out for a quick blast before work this morning, roads were quiet and roundabouts nearly empty, omfg the changes are immense, the front feels like its glued to the road loads of feedback, tip in is fast but stable and bumps when leant hard over are absorbed and ignored. Feels like a different bike and the brakes are now spot on, new bike for less than £600.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts