Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been able to find any postings or googles of the top speed for the 2013 ZX-6r (weird, right?), or even any consistent top speeds for any of the other years. They've usually been ranging from the 150 to 170, with one wild claim of 186. I'm thinking the 636 will get 1 or 2 mph out of the slightly bigger engine, but I really don't have a clue. So have any of you guys maxed out your speeds? w/ or w/o GPS? I know the speedo can be up to 10% off. And no, I'm probably never gonna hit those speeds, I'm just curious :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a open spot on the highway on wedensday and cracked it open and when I looked down at the speedo it said 162 but like you said they can be off. havent had a chance to put a gps logger in yet. and thats a 2012 zx6r and it still had more but I was running out of room

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a open spot on the highway on wedensday and cracked it open and when I looked down at the speedo it said 162 but like you said they can be off. havent had a chance to put a gps logger in yet. and thats a 2012 zx6r and it still had more but I was running out of room
Yeah, that seems to make the most sense. The fastest I've personally been is 120 :p I don't really have any strips of highway where I live. I bet the wind at those speeds is crazy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
it is a little turbulant. and that is the fastest I have ever been on a motorcycle. but being tucked in behind the windscreen helps alott. most of the time up to 120 I am still sitting uprght and that wind is bad. I also had a large backpack on and that was pulling on me a little bit. I still had a ton of strait road ahead but there were cars comming up and the distance between us was closing FAST. and not being totaly used to this bikes breaking abilities I just let off.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
My 2011's speedo read 175.. I know for a fact it wasn't over 160 because I was with a buddy who had a speedo healer and he said we didn't get over 160. I was in 6th gear and the shift light was flashing.. Your not getting much more unless u have a ridiculous tail wind

Only time I ever did that was when I was (trying) to keep a 2012 zx10 and a repsol cbr1k in my sight along a dead straight portion of interstate..

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
888mph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had my 04 Gsxr 1000 on GPS at 191. Had a tre, speedo healer and an array of other work done to it. Was on a a beautiful flat desolate 15 mile stretch of road in Texas. Now my 6 on the other hand, speedo healer some other work and geared Ive seen 151 on the speedo.

Also have witnesses with the 191.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Indicated 168mph on an 09 ZX6R with 12,000 miles on the clock so not a fresh engine. Rev light was on solidly and I was not getting any faster. Think it was just a hair under 16,000RPM

·
Registered
742 Posts
i have a 2011 zx6r. before speedo healer i have indicated 179 at the rev limiter in 6th gear racing a bmw m5. after speedo healer i have indicated 163 at the rev limiter with a bit of a tail wind racing my buddies srt10. hope this helps some of you. and for those that say im irresponible for doing these speeds come to nebraska and tell me you wouldnt :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
btw thats on an all stock bike. i will be getting all my mods done in the next few weeks and ill try it again.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Yeah... 2009-2011 stock bike would get you about 162-163. New 636 might see a hair more but not much. Maybe 165 or so. I topped mine out with stock gearing on a runway and a radar gun got me at 162. Speedo read about 173 I think. With -1/+2 and a speedo healer she tops out at 151 exactly.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i have a 2011 zx6r. before speedo healer i have indicated 179 at the rev limiter in 6th gear racing a bmw m5. after speedo healer i have indicated 163 at the rev limiter with a bit of a tail wind racing my buddies srt10. hope this helps some of you. and for those that say im irresponible for doing these speeds come to nebraska and tell me you wouldnt :)
I know what you mean

Reactions: Dakafall
1 - 20 of 39 Posts