Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured it's finally time for me to start documenting my shennaigans with the ZZR.

I first picked it up after my CBR1KRR got totaled by some theiving joyriders (serves them right, if I remember right the one that totaled it was in the hospital for 2 weeks). I decided I didn't need such a radical bike for a daily as I've got my Buell as a dedicated track bike and the deal on the ZZR was too good to pass up.

The PO installed the following mods:
Yoshi RS-3
K&N Filter
Motodynamic integrated taillight
Flush mount signals
and he included a Dynojet Stg. 1 kit with the sale

Since I've owned it I've gotten:
Bridgestone BT-S20's
Scorpion Ti-Oval (not a fan of the yoshi)
Galfer SS Lines
Galfer HH Pads
Hotbodies Undertail
LarryJ's shaved tail faring
Customcowls solo cowl
Replaced the windscreen
Re-Painted the bike
Installed the Jet Kit

Currently on the shelf:
Sato Racing exhaust hanger
Race-Tech fork internals (however, I'm considering the USD setup from the 636/6RR)
08 ZX6R rear shock
05 6R swinger
Bandit 1200 Nissin calipers

Soon to be ordered:
Factory Pro +4 advancer
520 Conversion
05-06 wheels

On to the Pics:
Right after I bought her,

In the Booth:

Assembeled:

Sorry about the shittastic cellphone pic quality, I've been meaning to snap some decent pics but I'm lazy. I'm hate the stickers I just need to find some new ram air covers and put the new swinger and chain guard on.

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Me guuuusta :yes

Clean paintwork and very tasteful mods indeed! :D

Keep it up man :bigthumb:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Am i the only one who think that this bike would look even more awesome with flat undertail pipe or 2 small dual undertail to match rear lights:yes

Anyway it is looking very nice right now :bigthumb:

a lot of pics:drool

·
Registered
859 Posts
Had the midnight blue 05 zzr500 as my first bike and I wish I kept it instead of trading for 11 zx6r. Love that bike

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the midnight blue 05 zzr500 as my first bike and I wish I kept it instead of trading for 11 zx6r. Love that bike
I must say this is definitely one of my favorite bikes I've owned it's not spectacular at doing anything but it's good and doing everything!

Hell it would probably be midnight blue right know if the PO hadn't painted it flat black the blue was in perfect shape underneath but I figured if I was going through all the work just to have another midnight blue ZZR like someone else I may as well throw a custom job on there.

Am i the only one who think that this bike would look even more awesome with flat undertail pipe or 2 small dual undertail to match rear lights:yes

Anyway it is looking very nice right now :bigthumb:

a lot of pics:drool
I've been contemplating an undertail exhaust, I was going to fab up something to like the one by wolf racing I used to have on my Daytona 955

·
Registered
17,933 Posts
Sweet bike.

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I finally felt like taking nice pictures today. Except my DSLR was dead so I grabbed the womans point and shoot and snapped a couple more pics, not the best but better than crackberry.

One with the Buell in her street clothes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking at ordering an ignition advancer from Factory Pro I've noticed they offer a +2 +4 and +6 I was wondering what your opinions are, I'm looking for some more midrange with a little top end so I was thinking the +4 would be a nice compromise.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Order the muzzy advancer. I had that one and it's adjustable to +/- 10 degrees.

I had mine set around +4. Definitely less engine braking with it advanced.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I got the +4 advancer. I think you should paint the belly white to match the rest and cut the can down.. Bike looks good too man

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.