1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure about the 07's, but my 06 put down 111.5hp with just a slip on/jumper mod. Most magazines etc say 600's with a really good rider will run around 10.8 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mines up to 102.5hp thats about 11.5hp more than his with only about $200 in mods, but even stock without the jumper mod mine did 96.5HP. I dunno what's up with his. I think the silencer or cat whatever it is is restricking flow under the bike also it's next to go. I'm pretty sure I can pick up a few HP from removing it. Then I plan to get a PCIII and tune for around 110HP or a bit more.

One thing i'm not sure of is I dynoed in 6th gear and I'm told you are supposed to dyno in 4th. I dunno if that helps much?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mines up to 102.5hp thats about 11.5hp more than his with only about $200 in mods, but even stock without the jumper mod mine did 96.5HP. I dunno what's up with his. I think the silencer or cat whatever it is is restricking flow under the bike also it's next to go. I'm pretty sure I can pick up a few HP from removing it. Then I plan to get a PCIII and tune for around 110HP or a bit more.

One thing i'm not sure of is I dynoed in 6th gear and I'm told you are supposed to dyno in 4th. I dunno if that helps much?
You supposed to dyno in the gear closest to 1:1 gear ratio, otherwise you get artificially high numbers.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You supposed to dyno in the gear closest to 1:1 gear ratio, otherwise you get artificially high numbers.
:dowhat

You want a ratio that gives you the best spread and takes the longest time to spool up the drum. Nothing wrong with a 6th gear run, it's just harder to see what's happening down low as it's hard to get the engine to pull cleanly from near idle at WOT. 3rd can be ok, it will pull from down low ok but the run will be over in a shorter period of time and you have less samples to create the graph. 1st & 2nd, traction problems, run time too short and internal inertia starts to skew the results too.

(Nothing is close to 1:1 You've got primary drive ratio, gearbox ration and final drive ratio. If you select a gear that's closest to 1:1 the primary and final drive ratios and wheel size and tyre profile all affect the engine to drum ratio.

And, 6th gear is the closest to 1:1 in the 03/04 and the 05 ZX6 manuals I just looked at 1.153:1 (30/26), the TL is exactly 1:1 in 6th (24/24) my GSXR1000 is closest in 6th too with 1.208:1 (29/24) So whoever told you that, go call them out, if they were a dyno operator give them a :bitchslap for havng no idea what they're talking about.)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
where do you guys learn this stuff from?
*overwhelmed*

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:dowhat

You want a ratio that gives you the best spread and takes the longest time to spool up the drum. Nothing wrong with a 6th gear run, it's just harder to see what's happening down low as it's hard to get the engine to pull cleanly from near idle at WOT. 3rd can be ok, it will pull from down low ok but the run will be over in a shorter period of time and you have less samples to create the graph. 1st & 2nd, traction problems, run time too short and internal inertia starts to skew the results too.

(Nothing is close to 1:1 You've got primary drive ratio, gearbox ration and final drive ratio. If you select a gear that's closest to 1:1 the primary and final drive ratios and wheel size and tyre profile all affect the engine to drum ratio.

And, 6th gear is the closest to 1:1 in the 03/04 and the 05 ZX6 manuals I just looked at 1.153:1 (30/26), the TL is exactly 1:1 in 6th (24/24) my GSXR1000 is closest in 6th too with 1.208:1 (29/24) So whoever told you that, go call them out, if they were a dyno operator give them a :bitchslap for havng no idea what they're talking about.)
Yea my dyno operator told me to dyno in 6th too. A guy on kawiforums told me to dyno in 4th lol. Good thing I didn't listen :p Also I basically shifted to 6th and hit the gas at about 4k rpm to start the dyno.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I said there's nothing wrong with doing a 6th gear run. 4th is the norm and probably the preferred gear to do a pull in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep, I didn't say you said to dyno in 4th. I was agreeing with you that 6th is the closet 1:1 gear :p

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Yea my dyno operator told me to dyno in 6th too. A guy on kawiforums told me to dyno in 4th lol. Good thing I didn't listen :p Also I basically shifted to 6th and hit the gas at about 4k rpm to start the dyno.
I said there's nothing wrong with doing a 6th gear run. 4th is the norm and probably the preferred gear to do a pull in.
yep, I didn't say you said to dyno in 4th. I was agreeing with you that 6th is the closet 1:1 gear :p
I do say to dyno in 4th, and do 99% of my runs in 4th.
lawl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts