Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wanted to ask those of you that have an M4 GP installed, did you have any issue installing the exhaust bracket behind the rear set?

The two bolts that hold the bracket for the exhaust to the rear set, the top was long enough, but the bottom bolt only threaded about halfway into the nut? Anyone else run into this issue? I have looked around and apparently this has happened to other guys on zx6r's.

Any help is greatly appreciated:2fingerlol::2fingerlol::2fingerlol:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It was a little crazy but not to bado. It was long ago I can't remember some one will chime in

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes. The stock bolt doesnt go very far into the nut. I used a LITTLE locktite.

Was a supreme pain in the ass to get that bolt in there. I needed a 2nd set of hands, was lucky enough to have a female friend stopped by with small hands that helped me hold that nut with a wrench while I torqued it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
If you want, check a parts diagram on a site like 2wheelpros and find out what size the bolt is (or just go to hardward store with the bolt) and go to a hardware store and get the same size, but with a little bit longer tread. Just make sure you get stainless steel, shit used on houses like Nickel rusts. You may be able to find a black one as well but just make sure its stainless so it dont rust.

Home depot and Lowes might have it but sometimes their Stainless steel section isnt as diverse. I usually have to go to a local mom and pop store to find what I'm looking for in stainless steel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. The stock bolt doesnt go very far into the nut. I used a LITTLE locktite.

Was a supreme pain in the ass to get that bolt in there. I needed a 2nd set of hands, was lucky enough to have a female friend stopped by with small hands that helped me hold that nut with a wrench while I torqued it.[/QUOTYe

Yeah it was a huge pain in the ass!! Thanks for the info too btw. I put some locktite on the bolt as well s hopefully it should stay, if anything I'll just keep an eye on it:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I put the full M4 exhaust on another members bike here. The bolt is too short. You can order one or pick one up from a hardware store.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hmm, mine went on without any issues. I wonder if they changed a design or something.
Had no issues with mine either. Bolt was plenty long enough..

I'm not positive but now that I think about it I think mine came with new hardware. It was a couple of years ago so I'm not positive but for some reason that sticks out in my head.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Reactions: Dale W2 and Scorpi0

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Hmm, mine went on without any issues. I wonder if they changed a design or something.
Yea, I just got and installed a new M4 GP a month or so ago, and the new bolts that came with it were just fine.

Note: you shouldn't be using the stock bolts. They aren't long enough at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts