Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into the m4 exhaust for an 09 ninja zx6r just a few questions about it. Is there a huge difference between the slip on and full system? Is a power commander nessesary for a slip on? Ive never riden on a track just street but I've heard you can actually lose power with a full system if it's not on the track cause the bike isn't running at high rpm's all the time. Last question, is a full system much louder than a slip on or different sounding? Talking about the GP mount.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
All kinds of exhaust info in here man...

http://zx6r.com/zx6r-2/09-exhaust-options-18926/

-Yes, slip on just replaces the muffler/prechamber while the full system removes the restictive headers as well.

-Both the slip on and the full system can use a fuel mapper with a tune, but you won't damage anything running stock with just a slip on.

-Full system won't sound too much different than just the slip on, it will just be less restrictive and make the bike run lean unless you map the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
That's really up to you

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
you will eventually try and gut your stock shit anyway.. but just remember if you get a full system you will need to flash your ecu or get a power commander..

i have a full system with M4 i like it.. it sounds good but not loud enough to attract officers..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, with the power commander come with the settings I need? Like is there ore set maps for the zx6r or a 600 bike with full exhaust so I just hook it up and it downloads onto the ECU or do I have to get custom maps. Also does the power commander damage the ECU in anyway? Just wanna make sure I understand all of this

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
you will eventually try and gut your stock shit anyway.. but just remember if you get a full system you will need to flash your ecu or get a power commander..

i have a full system with M4 i like it.. it sounds good but not loud enough to attract officers..
Not true !!! Flashing the ECU will not change your a/f ratio and a fuel controller and tune will still be necessary after the flash. That is why many race teams running Kit ECU still use a piggyback system.

To the op all of your questions have been answered many times over in the above mentioned thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts