Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY SO I BOUGHT THIS BIKE LAST FRIDAY ITS A 2004 ZX6R (ITS ALSO BEEN JETTED I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS). :2fingerlol:
AND THEY GUY SAID IT HAS A ALUMINUM SPROCKET AND THAT I HAVE TO LUBE MY BIKE EVERY OTHER RIDE OR SO BECAUSE IF NOT THE CHAIN WILL EAT THE SPROCKET (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT).

THIS IS WHAT IM USING LET ME KNOW IF ITS THE RIGHT ONE OR NOT?

By vegayoan90 at 2011-10-25

By vegayoan90 at 2011-10-25

CAN I USE THIS WITH ANY PROBLEMS ON MY IGNITION SWTICH CAN I SPARY IT INSIDE OF THE IGNITION SWITCH?

WHAT OIL DO YOU RECOMMEND ZX6R 2004. I MEAN THE BEST ABOUT $15.00 US A QOURT.AND OIL FILTER ($70 IS MY BUDGET)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bel ray is what I use,motul is also good use the chain lub that
Is for motorcycle. I clean and lub my chain every oil change or depends
if ride in rain.also if u wash your bike is always good to spray some chain lub

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do not spray that shit in your ignition.

Get some WD40 spray it on your key, dont go nuts, you dont want it dripping everywhere, and put the key in the igition and just cycle it through each mode about 10 times.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Dont know about that for lubing your chain
I use this:

+1 also to the op if your on a budget try the shell rotella T6 synthetic its good oil for $$$ and is wet clutch safe. also walmart supertech oil filters are pretty good for under 3 bucks.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Bel-Ray lube,
Motul oil,
Purolator filter.

& I'm not sure about the dry lube in the ignition.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use Motul chain clean, and Motul chain lube road plus, I have a alloy rear sprocket and gold chain and its fine for me..

I would not use the stuff you have in your first pic, that's for general purpose domestic use, get a proper chain lube buddy it will save you in the long run...

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Wait a min, Did you say its a 2004 with a jet kit????????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. For the the helping me yea its has FI but. It also has a choke lol I have no idea why.
But thanks to everyone and what does jetted mean? What does it do?

·
Registered
87 Posts
engine oil motul 10w40 full synthetic gives good shifting oil filter from wal mart you will be under $70

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Thanks. For the the helping me yea its has FI but. It also has a choke lol I have no idea why.
But thanks to everyone and what does jetted mean? What does it do?
the choke is actually a fast idler and jetted mean the previous owner probly put a pc on the bike and downloaded a map into it. you can look under the rear seat to see if the bike has one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Xanavi if you need a car and you go to a dealer ask for invoice pricing on everything you get. it should drop the price of a car about 1k-2k and more if you get a bigger car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts