Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

ls2 helmets?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Street Hawk1 
#1 ·
Anyone have any input about these helmets? i can get a really good price on one through someone i know and was wondering if its worth it? pros? cons?

#7 ·
It has an internal sun shade. If you get one, don't get the one with a sun shade and has the lever for it on the underside. Wind noise gets in there around the left ear area I think. I rode with it for a whole season and its now my back up so I haven't seen it in a while. My helmet now is a Shoei RF1200. I picked the LS2 and the RF1200 because they have small shells. I wanna be safe but not look like an alien head because I'm only 5'7". Now if you got the one without the internal sun shade, it might be considerable less noise. I love the graphics.

#9 ·
#13 ·
I'm riding with one currently. I cant remember the exact model number, but the metal flake in the paint is pretty dang close to the '12 black color code. I used to work at a place that sells them, they are pretty inexpensive and aren't to terribly uncomfortable. I'm not sure the vents work at all though haha. I'll probably upgrade when the weather gets hot to something that will flow a little more air.

Other than that, I don't have any complaints. And like someone said above, the price is hard to beat. Especially at dealer cost haha!

#17 ·

This is the kinda strap on my helmet. U definitely cant pull it out by hand. The only benefit I love is Im able to strap my helmet even with gloves on.

If u tighten it too much the buckle does start pushing against ur neck and will feel a bit uncomfortable at first. I do believe the D ring is probably a lot stronger as it has less parts that can fail... But its still gonna take a lotta force to snap this buckle type, and at such levels of force youre prolly gonna be toast anyway.

#18 ·

This is the kinda strap on my helmet. U definitely cant pull it out by hand. The only benefit I love is Im able to strap my helmet even with gloves on.

If u tighten it too much the buckle does start pushing against ur neck and will feel a bit uncomfortable at first. I do believe the D ring is probably a lot stronger as it has less parts that can fail... But its still gonna take a lotta force to snap this buckle type, and at such levels of force youre prolly gonna be toast anyway.
The problem is not the strength of the material, it's the fact that clips or buckles can come undone quite easily if impacted just right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.