Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,anyone know how to make my 636 2006 model a little lower.not my fault im a short arse,but having a few probs touching floor sometimes.ive softened arse end up a bit but still not good enough.was okay b4 i changed tyres.i know sounds daft but put new tyres on ,na cant touch floor properly.when i come to a stop am avin to lean on 1 foot.or stop on my tip toes.any help would be great .tyre pressures are f/36 r/42.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have seen lowering suspension links on e-bay for some bikes, I think M&P might do them as well, its worth having a look on their website.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will av a look see...cheers

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
u are going to have to get some adjustable lowering links for a 05-06 model, check ebay they usally have them on there all the time

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I bought mine it was lowered, and it ruined the handling, since then I have raised it back to stock, I guess what I am trying to say is only lower it as little as possible to fit your height. The lower you go, The more handleing you will lose.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Not sure about the 05/06 models but on my bike it has a spacer on the rear shock. Remove the spacer and lower the front forks the exact same amount. You'll get it probably an inch lower. I'm 5'2 and my bike is lowered about an inch. It has no problems handling, sure it would be better at stock height but it's just what you get used to. I can only just touch both feet at the same time and the bike is completely comfortable for me. If you're confident enough being able to touch half of your foot down on one leg suffices.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not too keen on the lowering thing as dont want to upset the handling,just wondered iff it was possible with all the settings and adjustability i have with the rear shock etc,thought that softening rear end may bring it down a bit.suppose al have to live with tip toes,or one foot.thanx anyway guys.. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oi short arse, Buy some boots with thick soles on! Only kidding, i'm 5" 8 and can just get both balls of my feet down.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Lowering via links and such will have less adverse affects than running too much sag. With too much sag you will end up hurting the suspension action quite a lot in addition to changing the geometry.

You might look and see if you can trim a bit of foam out of the seat to make it a little lower and I've even seen folks chop the subframe down for another inch or so of height reduction. Lowering in this way doesn't affect handling;)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Havent softened arse end too much,so no worrys bout handling.thanx 4 info though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts