Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just wanted to create a thread to keep track of the mod's I do to my bike. I purchased it on 7/18/13 so I've really only had time to order a few goodies so far.

When I got her.

The first BIG mod. Can you spot it? :devious

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far I have on order or received the following.

Targa fender eliminator.
Smoked LED integrated tail light
Shogun no cut frame sliders
Rear Spools

I am thinking about ordering an M4 silp on with silencer. I just don't want to do it if I need a Power Commander to go along with it. I don't need any more power, I just want rid of the huge factory exhaust.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You don't need the PC3 for just a slipon, but if you find a good deal on one pick it up.

How about throwing some green rim tape on it?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need the PC3 for just a slipon, but if you find a good deal on one pick it up.

How about throwing some green rim tape on it?
Thank you, I was afraid of back firing without the pc, my 07 did when I added the two brothers slip on. I've never been a big fan of rim tape, not real sure why. :O

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Thank you, I was afraid of back firing without the pc, my 07 did when I added the two brothers slip on. I've never been a big fan of rim tape, not real sure why. :O
You will still probably get some backfire. The pc doesn't do much to help that issue, the kleen air mod is a good solution. The rim tape would just make the rims stand out a little more .. And it's cheap :lol

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will still probably get some backfire. The pc doesn't do much to help that issue, the kleen air mod is a good solution. The rim tape would just make the rims stand out a little more .. And it's cheap :lol
Care to explain the clean air mod to me? Also, is there still a jumper mod like there was on the 07?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lots of aftermarket from the 09-12 will fit our bikes. I am using a lot of leftover stuff from my 2010 race bike I had. Forums and other people selling used 09-12 stuff can help save $$ when modding (case guards, sprockets, clip-ons, rearsets. 03-04 Ohlins shocks will fit too with the 03-04 lower linkage.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Care to explain the clean air mod to me? Also, is there still a jumper mod like there was on the 07?
You remove a bunch of excess emissions junk, it helped a lot with my decel popping from the exhaust.

Not too sure of the jumper mod on the 13's. I think I remember reading it wasnt possible/worth doing on anything past the '08 model

·
Registered
57 Posts
^^ You don't need silencer.

It sounds just right stock.

I ride without baffle on. People move out the way and because of how loud it is they know exactly where I am. Saved me a couple times.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ You don't need silencer.

It sounds just right stock.

I ride without baffle on. People move out the way and because of how loud it is they know exactly where I am. Saved me a couple times.
I don't want it that loud. I leave for work early in the morning and don't want to disturb my neighbors. Also, don't want to give cops any more reason to pull me over than necessary.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I made a few changes today.

A few goodies.

Spools.

Integrated tail light.

Fender eliminator.

HID's. I'm going to have to get some new parking lights now.

This thing showed up while I was doing the other work.

A big box of junk.

Finished product. I need to wash it so please excuse the dirty. I took a 170 mile ride on WV country roads prior to working on it. I also installed a battery tender and ran the wire for the radar detector. All in all it was a pretty good day.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Your bike is :drool That exhaust looks so sick on your bike man. And if you have turbo turnsignals at cycle gear sells a relay to make it blink normally and its a plug and play. It made me crazy till I got it. So best 20 bucks spent.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You bike is :drool That exhaust looks so sick on your bike man. And if you have turbo turnsignals at cycle gear sells a relay to make it blink normally and its a plug and play. It made me crazy till I got it. So best 20 bucks spent.
Thank you very much. Signals blink at the normal speed so no need for the relay. I appreciate the information just the same though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you notice some play in your taillight or does it fit snug? Mine has a little movement if I push on it. I was a little concerned but the dealership told me not to worry unless its actually moving around riding.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you notice some play in your taillight or does it fit snug? Mine has a little movement if I push on it. I was a little concerned but the dealership told me not to worry unless its actually moving around riding.
Just went out and checked, and yes, there is a little play in it.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts