Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 ZX-6R and was planning on getting a nice ow profile tank bag to carry small items (like 2 PBJ sandwiches) and a smart phone.
Any ideas what to get?
So far, I'm thinking about this. It look like it would fit good in the headspace in the front of the fuel tank:
What do you all think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking for a magnetic tank bag, and that bag doesn't look magnetic at all. It'd be nice to find something like that bag, only magnetic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought the joe rocket manta xl and returned it. Most magnetic bags are gonna have ugly flaps coming out to secure the bag in addition to the underbelly magnets. And you won't be able to use those bolt on types as our gas caps have the bolts hidden.

·
Registered
13,653 Posts
Practically every ride I go on, I have a magnetic tank bag installed. Mine is a Tour Master which I have used since 2001. You can see it on the tank in my sig photo.... as has been said, you can see the flaps. I don't care, I can't see them when I am on the bike. :) What anyone else sees, is a moot point to me.

The design of the bag has two parts, that can both share the same magnetic base. I normally (90+% of the time) ride with the smaller section installed, set up in the smaller configuration. It has a pleat that can allow it to expand to about double the volume. I could probably force that section to hold a laptop at max dimensions, but I don't. In the smaller config, it's got enough room for a few snacks, some tools, a couple of drinks, and my phone. I have used the larger section as a tail bag on a few occasions, tied over the passenger pad.

I don't know if Tour Master is still in business, or if they offer a similar product now. All I can say, is I have more than gotten my money's worth out of this bag. It's not 100% waterproof, and has probably gotten somewhat less so over the years. Some of the stitching is finally starting to come unraveled, but it's held up at least as well as any other piece of gear I own.

This bag has been used on 4 different motorcycles and still serves me well. It's never come off the bike, unless I physically removed it. It stayed attached, when I crashed my FZ6 which resulted in me breaking 3 ribs and separating my shoulder.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
I have used the same DOWCO magnetic bag since about 2002, it measured 22x9x6

I bought a new one (same bag) in July after that old one finally suffered terminal fate when the bike went upside down and dragged the bag along the pavement until it came off the tank and ruined the tank too.....

they offer many models....

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
13,653 Posts
Anything hard that you would have to carry in your pockets that you can put in a tank bag instead, makes the bag a Very Good Idea.

Don't be surprised if you decide a bigger one is better after a while. Spare riding gloves, covid supplies, a camera..... the more room you have the more stuff you will be able to take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts