Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of trying to find a slip on for my 07 zx6r, and I want one that is pretty loud.

Which company should I look at?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i have the same question

·
Registered
764 Posts
modded stock and it looks better :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well basically the stock muffler is setup like a race pipe inside now. I had a local exhuast shop do some work on it. Then I painted it black with high heat paint.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had Yoshimura race-only on my old '93 Gixxer 6. It was pretty loud! Not sure what the current Yosh sounds like compared to that one. Oddly enough I'm looking for an exhaust that sounds nice but is NOT too loud (but louder than stock!).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a Micron on a 01 Gix 6 and it was NIICE! I currently hace a A/Povic on my Kawi 6 and i want something else. It sounds to soft. Maybe Micron or Two Brothers.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a Leo Vince on my 04 and Like like the fact that under 6k it's for the most part tame however once I'm over 8k it wakes up and over 10k it's just stupid loud

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
i have a yoshi high mount on my 04 zx 6r, and this bad boy screams all thru out the rpm range, it's got the race baffle and it came with a titanium muffler

·
Registered
63 Posts
D&D, or ARATA are both loud,
I find D&D gets obnoxious after awhile, But it depends on preferance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought my Arrow ( on an '06 636 ) was fairly painful until I heard a Termignoni on the same machine. Don't know if either is available for the '07.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had Yoshimura race-only on my old '93 Gixxer 6. It was pretty loud! Not sure what the current Yosh sounds like compared to that one. Oddly enough I'm looking for an exhaust that sounds nice but is NOT too loud (but louder than stock!).
That's exactly what I want to.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well basically the stock muffler is setup like a race pipe inside now. I had a local exhuast shop do some work on it. Then I painted it black with high heat paint.
The only problem with your stock exhaust is the weight. I know when i changed mine, i couldnt believe how heavy the stock muffler was compared to the aftermarket.

In my opinion Yosh is a really nice sounding pipe. I love the way they look, and they arent the loudest but believe me its still loud enough.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Leo Vince on my 04 and Like like the fact that under 6k it's for the most part tame however once I'm over 8k it wakes up and over 10k it's just stupid loud
+2 on the Leo!
I took mine apart and wrapped it half way up the perforated baffle with header wrap, really Fawkin Loud.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i got a yoshimura rs3 on my 2000 and it sounds bad ass. its got a nice grumble to it till you wind it up, then it screams. go on youtube bro, theres lots of people who post vids of their new exhausts. try it out

·
Registered
165 Posts
i got a 03 636 with D&D and oh my god its so frickin loud its not even funny it hurts my ears even when im on the bike let alone behind it or screamin by somebody goin to slow its gotta piss them off lol so D&D my friend good sound and loud

1 - 20 of 40 Posts