Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what a day it was yesterday, Wednesday night my brother got his full member vest, we all went to celebrate and play pool and have a few drinks. as we all headed home and split off in different directions he ended up meeting another rider on the road and they decided to race, as they raced up a local strip the tires on his bike lost traction as they took a soft curve at over 100+ at the crash site we were able to see the short oh shit skid mark from his rear tire before he slammed into a tree and was thrown about 500 feet into a brick wall. the police that arrived within minutes of the crash said he died on impact. i guess i can consider that a small plus that he didnt suffer. the other rider kept going, circled back according to a civilian that was driving by but decided not to stay at the scene.

let this be a lesson to anyone who rides that hard. we all take a risk every time we throw our leg over that seat just make sure that any extra risk you take your willing to let your friends and family deal with the grief.

link to the story:

Update: Coroner Officials Have Identified The Victim In Thursday's Fatal Motorcycle Crash

·
Registered
236 Posts
well damn, my thoughts go out to you bro.

take it easy, hope you and your family are alright.

let us know if there is anything we can do.

Reactions: Bm96 and Flex

·
Registered
726 Posts
I am really sorry for your loss that is a truly awful thing to happen to anyone let alone a family member. I hope yourself and the rest of you family can pull through and heal in time

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm really sorry man. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: Flex

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Godspeed to your brother. There are never adequate words in these scenarios. Sometimes life just sucks. I sincerely prey for the repose of his soul; and grace to his family in these difficult times. Too true, the good die young.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Godspeed to your brother. There are never adequate words in these scenarios. Sometimes life just sucks. I sincerely prey for the repose of his soul; and grace to his family in these difficult times. Too true, the good die young.
thats very true, he was only 22

i actually came to work this morning thinking id be ok and or better off than not being at home around a bunch of people crying, im starting to think it was a not so great idea.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I couldn't imagine losing one of my brothers like that. I know it's sappy but I'm sorry for your loss. A brother is your best friend, your worst enemy, and at the end of the day you would do anything for each other. Keep your head up, he'll always be with you.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this Flex. My thoughts are with you and your family.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
This is terrible news Flex. It's been stated before, but there aren't many words, if any, that would comfort you right now. I'm truly sorry for your loss and I'll be praying for the comfort of you and your family.

We all talk about how we strive to be safe on public roads, but we all also have lapses in judgement from time to time and push the envelope. It's an easy thing to do regardless of experience, abilities or age. These things always help to put things into perspective as unfortunate as they are. Live life to the fullest, laugh as much as possible and love until it hurts.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Wow, this is a tough one. Stay strong buddy. I hope you have friends around you to help you get through it. I don't know what I would have done without all of the support of my close friends. Do what you can for the rest of your family. I know what they are going through and it's going to be very painful for some time to come.

·
Registered
476 Posts
man, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Seems like you are dealing with it pretty well considering..I'd be devastated if I lost my brother. Stay strong buddy, he died doing what he loved at least. I hope you and your family will be okay

1 - 20 of 55 Posts