Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just in the UK where every year, just as the sun finally starts to shine, that local councils find the need to dump tons of loose gravel and several thousand gallons of cheap bitumen onto roads that were not even worn out :confused

Also, why do they seem to do it on roads that were beforehand, nice, flat and on the start/finish of a good bike run........perhaps they do it out of spite just to spoil bikers fun....

Do they realise how dangerous this is, if you hit a pile of gravel that has been built up by cars it is like riding on a load of marbles, never mind the damage it does when it gets jammed elsewhere on your bike.

Think I'm going to move somewhere else..........the UK seems to have the worst roads in the world........................

·
Registered
16 Posts
your not wrong mate theyve done a few up here. Liberally spread wet tarmac then drop on loose stones and leave it upto the motoring public to crush em into the ground :( Usually with a 10mph max speed limit sign with it.

IT has caused me many a concered moment and a huge bruise from a passing lorry who flicked up a stone into my hip :O

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Is it just in the UK where every year, just as the sun finally starts to shine, that local councils find the need to dump tons of loose gravel and several thousand gallons of cheap bitumen onto roads that were not even worn out :confused

Also, why do they seem to do it on roads that were beforehand, nice, flat and on the start/finish of a good bike run........perhaps they do it out of spite just to spoil bikers fun....

Do they realise how dangerous this is, if you hit a pile of gravel that has been built up by cars it is like riding on a load of marbles, never mind the damage it does when it gets jammed elsewhere on your bike.

Think I'm going to move somewhere else..........the UK seems to have the worst roads in the world........................
I'm a serial complainer with our council. They do it around here, but weren't cleaning up or leaving signs up. One day I got home to find a gravel on road sign hammered into the empty block across from my house. I guess they were telling me that as soon as I left my house to exect gravel on the road :laugh Arses.

Every email I send them complaining of unsigned repairs ends with who is liable for my medical bills and repairing my bike is I fall on gravel they put down but didn't signpost as I don't think TAC should pay for my medical and I shouldn't have to claim the bike on my private full comp insurance. Then I ask them if they think I could sue if I had previously complained about the problem and they did nothing :laugh

They answer every question I ask, except anything to do with liability. Totally 100% no comment on those ones.

But they will send the street swerper out or put signs up as soon as I complain, and I haven't had to do it for a long time now as they atually put signs up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thats how they start off over here.Then they put stone chippings on after a couple of years.Cheap way of repairing the roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts