Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for a cruiser that's still sporty. Vmax is my #1 but the 2nd get are pricey and the 1st gen are hard to find later year ones with lowish miles.

I'm also looking at the m109r but I don't know. I'm cornfused:crazy

Looking at the 883 and yamaha bolt, they're awesome looking but not for a long haul. I want to be able to go far in comfort but still want it sporty.

What sucks is that I'll only have about 8k to spend. If money was no concern I would get a new vmax :yumyum:

What are you guys take? I'm worried the wife will wise up and tell me I can only have 1 bike lol and I don't know if I can handle a sluggish cruiser after riding a sport bike for 13 years

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I picked up a KZ1000 just for this reason. Hell of a ride, stable, power to move you out of the way.

As far as the wife is concerned, that is a tough call. My latest one still likes bikes, ......hopefully yours will be the same.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked at the standards and really likem but they offer no protection from wind. The adventure bikes do seem to fit the ticket but they're so pricey. I'll peruse used and see what comes up

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yamaha road star warrior. That's my choice when I go with a cruiser.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yamaha bolt sucks ass. Didn't like that bike at all when I demo'd it. Check out the victory judge. Very sexy bike that is a pretty decent ride and fairly affordable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yamaha road star warrior. That's my choice when I go with a cruiser.
or a raider or a stryker, the Yamaha bolt is also just fine on long trips. Have you looked at sport standards like a 2008 and up Kawasaki concours? They have a ton of room, handle better than any cruiser I've ridden; and have the old body zx14 motor in them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All these bikes you mention are on my radar lol. The roadster warrior I loved ever since I saw it at the dealer back in '02. Used they still go for a pretty penny. Raider and Stryker are sweet, and the judge is awesome. Problem is if I go for a bike over 8k I'm definetly gonna have to sell the ninja and I don't really want to :( the concourse is pretty bad ass too! Looks like I'm barking up the right alley with my like minded ninja brothers. Time to narrow it down lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lookin hard at the victory 8 ball and gunner, mostly because of the 106ci motor and it's 12500/13000 msrp. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you thought about the VFR800? ST1100 or ST1300

I have ridden a few cruisers and find myself frequently scraping pegs/floor boards or even exhaust pipes at times. If you enjoy leaning into corners seriously consider your ride.

You mentioned about wind protection. Most cruisers you mentioned (Vmax, MT109, 883, etc) do not have much wind protection if any.

How about the SV1000 or 650 S versions?? They are upright and have some plastics to protect from the wind. I personally loved my VFR750 (93). Always had plenty of power, wind protection, and I thought it was pretty comfy.
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I've considered everything other than a sport bike. I've got my ninja. I want something else. Adding a cruiser to the stable excites me for some reason, I've been sitting on this decision for about a year. I know handling and lean angle will take a backseat to comfort but that's ok.

I took a 2 hr ride last weekend and got home with numb hands and a sore lower back, guess I'm gettin old lol. Definitely keeping the ninja. It's the best balanced sport bike I've owned and might track it one day. It's just fun to flick

Now it's some to get some cruis'n time under my belt lol

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
For cruisers:

Road Star Warrior
Yamaha V-MAX
Harley XR1200 (though I guess that's more of a standard)
Suzuki M109R

But honestly before any of these I would get a Kawi ZRX1100/1200. For the street it just might be the perfect bike...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't find a warrior anywhere within 100 mile of here. There's 1 m109 here and it's new and they want 15k for it :0

Vmax is just way to pricey for 2nd gen and I can't find any 1st gen ones. Folks keep these bikes!

·
Super Moderator
12,504 Posts
Vrod?
Ey3

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lmao, you guessed it, this is what I picked up last Friday

08 vrod night rod special with 1200 miles!

This thing is a blast and a great transition from sport bike veteran to cruiser newbie.

I test rode it and was hooked. Reminded me of my TL1000r I had to sell in. 2010 which I still dearly miss.

Best news is, I still have the 636 in the stable. WOOHOO,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't do it... you will end up going back to street. I've had 2 diffrent type of Choppers and Bobbers. I just sold my custom Chopper/Bobber and went back to street. It was a nice change for a lil bit but i couldn't resit the street and had to go back.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Hi guys, looking for a cruiser that's still sporty. Vmax is my #1 but the 2nd get are pricey and the 1st gen are hard to find later year ones with lowish miles.

I'm also looking at the m109r but I don't know. I'm cornfused:crazy

Looking at the 883 and yamaha bolt, they're awesome looking but not for a long haul. I want to be able to go far in comfort but still want it sporty.

What sucks is that I'll only have about 8k to spend. If money was no concern I would get a new vmax :yumyum:

What are you guys take? I'm worried the wife will wise up and tell me I can only have 1 bike lol and I don't know if I can handle a sluggish cruiser after riding a sport bike for 13 years
This guy has lost his damn mind. Get a puppy...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts