Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Interested in an 06 zx6r with 15k miles and everything works great. 80% tire tread with yoshi exhaust. Any idea on a reasonable price to buy it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I paid 3k for almost the exact same thing, only difference, was milage, mine had 16k

·
Registered
442 Posts
each market will be different....as well as worth to the person buying it. IDK what an 06 would sell for, but my 09 Monster Edition with 5K miles cost me 4ish with some gear and extras.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm I'm looking at 3800 but I've been looking and couldn't find a better deal. This will also be my first bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Offer him 3,500, still a decent deal.
He's very firm in his price because he bought it for 3900 200 miles ago but decided he needs a car instead. I've been looming on Craigslist and can't find any good deals. I'm not sure if there is another place to find good deals

·
Registered
442 Posts
He's very firm in his price because he bought it for 3900 200 miles ago but decided he needs a car instead. I've been looming on Craigslist and can't find any good deals. I'm not sure if there is another place to find good deals
show up with 3500 in cash...tell him you just want to see it again and once you do a final once over just take out the money. A lot of people will change their minds when they see the cash infront of them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
15k miles is the magic number for a valve clearance check. At least for the 07/08's it is. That’s $300-$400 depending on the shop. If you don't know how to do it yourself. 05/06's are going for around 4-4.5k here in the panhandle. Saw a few in the 10k mile range.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
$3800 is a very good price for that bike given this time of year. I would still try to get him down to $3600 just for kicks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Bought mine in October 2013 in SoCal. w/ 14K Miles for $5,200 with a Yoshi RS5 pipe and a certified clean bill of health. That valve job and tires that followed came out to about $700, keep that in mind and use it to your advantage.

Good luck sir.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cali prices tend to be a tad higher. Do you have pictures of the bike so guys here can see if there are any tell tale signs of damage and/or abuse? For a 2006, I personally would go no higher than $4K if I was in CA and desperate for a bike ASSUMING it was in great condition. Here, I would do no more than $3500.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cali prices tend to be a tad higher. Do you have pictures of the bike so guys here can see if there are any tell tale signs of damage and/or abuse? For a 2006, I personally would go no higher than $4K if I was in CA and desperate for a bike ASSUMING it was in great condition. Here, I would do no more than $3500.
I do but I'm having trouble uploading from my phone

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Here's a picture it's never been dropped
Looks clean...and not a bad price. If everything checks out I would say definitely worth that price :bigthumb:

You will get many different opinions and prices on this forum. Heck....I purchased 5 zx6r's in 5 years and ALL the prices ranged differently. It all depends.

Me personally....if it was green...and mint I would be willing to pay sub $4k range....and from what I have seen Cali seems to have a higher market for those....I think :eh:

Edit: BTW...in the pic he is missing the side panels by the seats....not sure if hes "missing" it, or took them off to get to the battery and boost it. Just food for thought :O

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks clean...and not a bad price. If everything checks out I would say definitely worth that price :bigthumb:

You will get many different opinions and prices on this forum. Heck....I purchased 5 zx6r's in 5 years and ALL the prices ranged differently. It all depends.

Me personally....if it was green...and mint I would be willing to pay sub $4k range....and from what I have seen Cali seems to have a higher market for those....I think :eh:

Edit: BTW...in the pic he is missing the side panels by the seats....not sure if hes "missing" it, or took them off to get to the battery and boost it. Just food for thought :O
Good eye there he has the side panels he just took them off temporarily they are perfectly fine. From what I've seen 3800 is pretty good in my area especially in the spring. Just not sure if it'll fit me well I'm 6'3 230lbs. Maybe I need to change the shocks or something

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Good eye there he has the side panels he just took them off temporarily they are perfectly fine. From what I've seen 3800 is pretty good in my area especially in the spring. Just not sure if it'll fit me well I'm 6'3 230lbs. Maybe I need to change the shocks or something
Bike "looks" clean. If it rides well I would say go for it. Is there a chance you can find a "better" deal....Yes. Theres always a "better" deal. That's one thing I learned here lol. Bottom line I would say is if it checks out, and you like it, go for it so you will be happy. Don't think its worth "Hunting" for god knows how much longer to potentially save an extra few $$$.

As for your height/weight....I weigh close to you (Unfortunately as I am 5"8 lol) and the stock suspension is fine. Your a tall guy but don't think you will have any issues

·
Registered
324 Posts
If it has not been dropped why has the right front fairing been replaced with aftermarket it appears because the stock bike had blinkers that blended in with the bodywork.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Bike looks clean to me. I always prefer bikes that are stock. No double bubble tinted windscreen or gold shorty levers, different barends or grips...
By the looks of it he even kept the stock sprocket. Tells me he appreciated the bike for what it is and didn't go crazy on making it look dope.
For me, any mod I do needs to improve its functionality. Bright decals, easier to be seen by cars. Shorty levers, I got small hands, Brake lines cuz the brake system was crap. Rear shock, cuz the stock was wayy too heavy sprung.

If it has not been dropped why has the right front fairing been replaced with aftermarket it appears because the stock bike had blinkers that blended in with the bodywork.
Most US versions come with the old school blinkers.

Flush mount blinkers as seen in later zx models were not allowed for north america. Hence they call the aftermarket flush mounts EURO-style.

First thing I've changed on my bike. But I went with normal bulb, not LED since I can replace a bulb anytime, LEDs are a solid unit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts