Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

So i have been looking for either a gsxr or a zx6r to replace my 250R. I have found a couple that i like and just wanted to get input from people on here since you guys will know more than me about these bikes. What are the major differences between an 05 and an 07/08?

I search craigslist a lot and found a couple near me:

1. 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R
This one is close by so i am gonna try and look at it in the next couple days. 1 owner, never laid down, did his own maint, selling to get money for school and doesnt want the payment anymore. Only mod is the fender eliminator. He sent a couple pictures (its green so i love it) but is the price kind of high? KBB is $6665 retail and trade in is $4595 - can you really go by kbb? or maybe people who have bought recently can chime in on what they paid?

2. *PRICE REDUCED* 2006 kawasaki zx-6rr

3.***REDUCED***2007 ZX6R $5500

4.http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3624158699.html

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any advice on what to look at / common problems for these bikes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The second one is WAY overpriced, and I feel like the other 2 are high too. Not so sure though, I will let others chime in

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
09 seems to be the best bet deal wise. Then the silver 05. But I would offer him 4500 nd the other two just seem to high to come down to the right price. But ur gunna pay more cuz it's starting to become spring sales and bikes are more expensive during riding seasons

·
Registered
338 Posts
It all depends on the area you live in. Some places they are cheaper than others. you are not always going to see $2500 for 2005-08.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well after looking at them all the 09 is the closes to Kelly blue book. The silver one is probably the one you would get the cheapest and it looks to be a decent shaped bike. The "limited edition" bike is crazy over priced! He would be lucky if he gets 5700! The other one that said his bike is valued at 6700 must have meant with all the extras he thru in! But it's getting closer to riding time so some people try to jack prices up! I say pick your favorite and talk them down. See who really needs to sell theirs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after looking at them all the 09 is the closes to Kelly blue book. The silver one is probably the one you would get the cheapest and it looks to be a decent shaped bike. The "limited edition" bike is crazy over priced! He would be lucky if he gets 5700! The other one that said his bike is valued at 6700 must have meant with all the extras he thru in! But it's getting closer to riding time so some people try to jack prices up! I say pick your favorite and talk them down. See who really needs to sell theirs.
Those were the two i was kind of leaning towards.

Is there a big difference between an 05 and an 09?

I guess im trying to see if its worth it to pay $1500 more (possibly less depending on how firm the price is) for 4 years newer and 4K miles less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts