Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some footage at my last track day and I am looking for some pointers. The footage is from Blackhawk Raceway on 9-17-17 with STT. The rider coaches recommended that I pick up rear sets and a steering damper before I start in intermediate next season.

Let me know what you guys think! I am looking to improve so be as blunt as possible.

Here are a couple pictures as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
You don't need rearsets yet, invest in tracktime first.
Steering damper you might consider, I did not have one one my CBR600RR, but I do have one on my ZX6R.
But I would choose other upgrades first.
Your bike has too much lean angle, move your ass next to the seat a little further and put your head down and into the corner, this will bring your bike up, and thus carrying more speed into the corner.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
as with all newer riders, you are putting too much pressure on the bars.

study the basics of good body position, learn to support your weight with your core, and then learn to relax your upper body

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I rode at Autobahn Country Club over the weekend and focused on body position and keeping my weight off the bars. It was going pretty well and cornering felt much smoother but sadly I low sided when I went into turn 6 a little hotter than I should have on the freshly paved and slightly damp asphalt. Overall the bike seems fine, I broke a clip-on, brake lever, rear set, passenger peg mount, and have some minor scratching on the right side fairing. I already replaced the clip-on and I have some Vortex rear sets on the way. Since the track season is over I'm going to convert the bike back to street so I can see if there are any weird vibrations at speed.

Here's a picture of the damage.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts