Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I believe I have the dreaded 05 636 ECU issue. I can ride my bike for 30mins to an hour at normal riding speeds before it starts to sputter and eventually die on me. I can let it sit for a minuet or two and it will start back up. If I'm on side streets and I start it back up it will usually die out again. I have already added more heat shielding under the ECU, on the mid pip and under the tailpipe as well to give it more shielding.

I rode last week with my friends and I ripped the bike harder than I have before (I usually keep it under 100) and it took 1.5 hours for the issue to appear, temperature in my area (Buffalo, NY) was about 70-75. One of my friends suggests pulling the servo but I don't think that's going to help much. Its plugged in so I don't get a FI light but the cables aren't going to the exhaust.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction to a 06 ECU. I'd rather not buy from Ebay unless I have to. Any suggestions or other ideas to try would be greatly appreciated.

-Nick
(guy wishing his bike could handle him for more than a half hour :headbang:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sorry OP.. I kinda have an iron in a previous fire...I'll let you know if it is still available aftarward

1 - 5 of 5 Posts