Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week ill be riding from sydney to brisbane for my holidays which is bout 950k's, has anyone got any tips for long trips as people know the zx6 wasnt exactly built for comfort, im pretty much not looking forward to it

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Yeah. It will hurt. Sitting on the tank isn't actually a bad idea. It's very comfy on my tank. Probably not the safest however and you can't do it for long distances. If you can pick up a sheepskin seat cover your ass will certainly thank you for it. Probably not the best time of year to be doing it either with the Xmas traffic and the heat. Enjoy the chaffing!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
stop every hour or two and streach the legs a bit. Are you doing it in a day or a couple of days? coast or straightest way down? Dont wear boxer shorts cos they will ride up and hurt the landing gear if ya know what i meen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna see how i go, would like to do it in one day but dont think ill make it

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Use a tank bag and pack it with soft stuff (clothes and such) then if you arms get tired lie down and rest your chest on it. Run your tire pressure a bit on the high side if it will be all slab to help lessen wear. Should be a fun trip, 950k's isn't too bad. A few summers ago I rode my TL from VA to toronto (600 miles) one evening, then toronto to Wisconsin (850 milles) then wi back to va (just over1k miles). After a couple hundred miles the comfort factor didn't get any worse:thumbup

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
take lot's of breaks, and stretch! get some bags if you can, avoid wearing a backpack as this will only make you fatigue more. its definitely doable in a day...you just won't want to see your bike for a while afterwards :laugh

-:banana

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mate take two days... not cause of the big km's but youve just gotta turn left at Port Macquarie onto the OXLEY Hwy..... arguably the best road on the planet! Plenty of cheap places to stay at either Walcha or Gingers Creek Crossing or in Port Macquarie, just consider it, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Drove from Syd to Surfers 2 months ago and back... Took 9 and a half Hours each way.

Pretty tiring... even by car... the boredom kills ya, i reackon i'[ve learnt all the lyrics to Cold Chisel... heh... But stopping and stretching is a vital thing to do... don't drag it on for too long, its less forgivable on a bike than a car...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drove from Syd to Surfers 2 months ago and back... Took 9 and a half Hours each way.

Pretty tiring... even by car... the boredom kills ya, i reackon i'[ve learnt all the lyrics to Cold Chisel... heh... But stopping and stretching is a vital thing to do... don't drag it on for too long, its less forgivable on a bike than a car...
which way did you head up??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts