Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03-04 ZX6R
Just got them today and installed them.
The carbon weave on this piece suks. It's not tight at all, in fact the cloth seems like it was strecthed out and I can see little clear parts of resin due to the cloth being strecth out so much.

Installation is pretty simple, 2 bolts on each side. It doesn't have the tabs that plug in to the stock hole on the fairing. And on the left side I had to grind down the top hole so it will sit more flush, plus after I installed it and tighten the bolt, it was kind of crooked to the left, so i had to drill a small hole inside and used wire ties to the headlight cable underneath and inside to make it a firm fit.

MSRP is $123, but I got it for $50 on ebay.
I really thought this would be better quality. But it still looks good though. =)

Oh and the stupid cylinder cap won't align straight!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah not bad... got lucky. I actually managed to line up the zxr cap, it came with extra plastic spacers that i forgot to put in hehe =)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
That looks pretty frakkin nice. Where did you get the triple tree carbon fibre cover from?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, i love CF, my car is full of it hehehe
the cf triple clamp cover is real pre-preg cf. its the same stuff that you see on F1 cars. So it doesn't have that thick resin on it. I found it on ebay, this guy custom made it, maybe he can make you one too.
ebay id speedracersworld
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...10021468991&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I got the gas cap from him too
here's a pic

thos grips suck by the way, they feel just like stock, I like the progrip better.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
they look wicked for 50 bucks, cant go wrong with that CF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts