Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,101 ·
Thank you Yamaha........ fucking asshole idiots!!!

Roadliner 1900......... You cannot remove 4 of the rear valve cover bolts with the engine in the frame!!!!! So much fun to wiggle and finangle the fucking bolts up enough to slide slightly but not too high to hit the frame---one needs 6 hands on these fuckers and in the end you end up cutting two of the bolts about 5mm shorter

All that fucking work and effort and you they run .000" to .00015" clearance, how do you measure anything sub .001" and worse still they have a hydraulic lifter down at the bottom of the engine and yamaha states you need to pull the exhaust, the left floor board, the tank (which has one time use connectors and no way to actually pull it without spilling fuel everywhere!), the airbox
Fucking stupid........!!! stupid stupid stupid

in the end I do think all 4 adjusters were less than zero clearance.........holding the 4mm square head and trying hard to not move it at all while loosening the lock nut, all of them required atleast 1/8th turn looser with the tool to move freely by finger...........now all 4 pinch down on the .001" feeler enough I can't get it back in, once out- but not enough to really bite it, just some good drag..........my gut says they are all set at about .00075" which is dead center of what they say........ my only .0005" feeler has seen better days and has some wrinkles but it would not go no matter how much I tried

Code:
~~~~~~~~~~~

this sign was hanging on my shop door when I arrived yesterday............no note, no nothing, just this sign........ Not sure what to make of it besides several of neighbors and the landlords have seen me daily carrying- especially when I have been often working late into the night and nobody else is around (a few weeks back on of the nieghbors had a couple of hoodrats try to bum rush him and get access to the building, he was just able to pull the exterior locking door shut behind himself to keep them out......... I think about that scenario everytime I leave after dark as you cannot see around the solid walls outside the front door and anyone could be waiting only 4' from the doorway...... and the shop has no window- no real window so that could happen outside the shop door too.....so open carry, easy access 24/7 has been my position no matter what for the past month plus
too many fucking hoodrats.......... last week another couple of cars in the lot overnight had the catalytic convertors removed and windows broken out.......
I hate thieves and using the backhoe looks more and more likely daily..............

~~~~~~~~~~
2022 R7 guy purchased this SC exhaust............besides a few fitment issues and the fact it is likely going to be loud as fuck while likely melting his lowers................
yeah besides all that................. WTF.....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,102 ·
What the fuck happened there^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, Never seen an attachment view like that !
I've cleaned it up and posted the relevant Picture so it makes sense.

"This sign was hanging on my shop door when I arrived yesterday............no note, no nothing, just this sign........ Not sure what to make of it besides several of neighbors and the landlords have seen me daily carrying- especially when I have been often working late into the night and nobody else is around (a few weeks back on of the nieghbors had a couple of hoodrats try to bum rush him and get access to the building, he was just able to pull the exterior locking door shut behind himself to keep them out......... I think about that scenario everytime I leave after dark as you cannot see around the solid walls outside the front door and anyone could be waiting only 4' from the doorway...... and the shop has no window- no real window so that could happen outside the shop door too.....so open carry, easy access 24/7 has been my position no matter what for the past month plus
too many fucking hoodrats.......... last week another couple of cars in the lot overnight had the catalytic convertors removed and windows broken out.......
I hate thieves and using the backhoe looks more and more likely daily.............."

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Although that is a sentiment I share, it is not one I choose to advertise.... Nothing about your situation strikes me as ideal. More cameras, or spyholes would be on the list, as would be motion detectors -- tied to cameras, not lights. In my experience, the folks that offer up random sh*t like that are casing the place to see how you react.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Another thought on this..... The same parties that took your food from your fridge, are likely the same nitwits involved in this. The same folks who are used to accessing tennants spaces, and collecting random sh*t that gets left behind. I suggest the thought of getting shot for trespassing holds some significance for some very small subset of potential culprits.

The permissive attitude of the father WRT your privacy; I'm still leaning heavily towards the kid.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
both kids are off at college in St Louis area...so that eliminates them

and I think it is just someone who saw it at a yard sale or garage sale and bought it and left it on my door........most likely one of the tennants but no idea which one

60+ hours later, still no response from the assfuck Hardley loser!

time to warm up the backho!

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Lloyd do you have legal recourse when someone writes you a bad check? Can all your penalties that stem from that, be passed on to the person at fault?

Small claims court sounds like a PITA, due to the time sink it represents. If you’re stuck with that approach the equivalent of pain and suffering needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would think a mechanics lean would give you recourse. Hard to sell a bike with a lean on the title.

On my recent trip stopped in ND to get gas. It was a small mom and pop place with a store. I went in a used the restroom and got a coke. Standing there talking to the older lady at the cash resister she said yup they are unlocked. I looked and yup all the guns were just sitting out. I could have walked up and picked one up and checked it out. Super nice folks but I bet if someone grabbed a gun and made a run for the door she would have pulled out a cannon and dropped them before they made the door! I left my Garmin Zumo and GoPro on the bike, most places I pull them off. I can navigate without the Garmin but it is super helpful knowing where gas stations are ahead. LOL don't want to ride past the gas station with 60 miles left but then find out it's 70 miles to the next gas station.

EDIT: wow that Yamaha sounds like a very difficult bike. Maybe they find the designer and he went to Honda and worked on the new Goldwing :)

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,109 · (Edited)
Lloyd do you have legal recourse when someone writes you a bad check? Can all your penalties that stem from that, be passed on to the person at fault?

Small claims court sounds like a PITA, due to the time sink it represents. If you’re stuck with that approach the equivalent of pain and suffering needs to be addressed.
There of course is a legal process I can persue, it is just lengthy and doesn't ensure any payment......... but it moves it to a judgement against said party
then one can go in and pay even more money eyt again and hope to find their employer or bank account and try a wage garnishment or or collection (sherriff executes this) from their banking establishment.....again more time, more money expended and no guarantee you see anything

mechanics lien here locally is a tough road as well and your only "promise" of collection is at title transfer, and even then lots of known cases where the seller sells said item, buyer pays and takes the signs title then later goes to dmv to transfer and pay the fees, and then they come to find out it has a lien and can't trnasfer to themselves, so they simply never do and just sell it to someone else...........and again you never collect

Best method............

Never accept a check or credit card from any shady fuckers!!!!!!!!
but if you do make that mistake, then the best method of collection................................

go break the fuckers knee caps, let them know they have 7 days to bring you cash payment of double or more what they screwed you out of and ride the bike back to the shop and then you have physical control of the item! and the assfuck criminal learns a valuable lesson about screwing people over......... leave no witnesses!!!

Oh did I mention I have a 2001 HD electra glide with new tires for sale............... lol

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
FYI...........

The gun/911 sign mystery is solved...........

same guy who brought me a betty's pie a few weeks back, he brought it by and hung it on my door handle as I was out.......
He said his sister sent it to him (birthday present) but he did not use it so he thought of me

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
There of course is a legal process I can persue, it is just lengthy and doesn't ensure any payment......... but it moves it to a judgement against said party
then one can go in and pay even more money eyt again and hope to find their employer or bank account and try a wage garnishment or or collection (sherriff executes this) from their banking establishment.....again more time, more money expended and no guarantee you see anything

mechanics lien here locally is a tough road as well and your only "promise" of collection is at title transfer, and even then lots of known cases where the seller sells said item, buyer pays and takes the signs title then later goes to dmv to transfer and pay the fees, and then they come to find out it has a lien and can't trnasfer to themselves, so they simply never do and just sell it to someone else...........and again you never collect

Best method............

Never accept a check or credit card form any shady fuckers!!!!!!!!
but if you do make that mistake, then the best method of collection................................

go break the fuckers knee caps, let them know they have 7 days to bring you cash payment of double or more what they screwed you out of and ride the bike back to the shop and then you have physical control of the item! and the assfuck criminal learns a valuable lesson about screwing people over......... leave no witnesses!!!

Oh did I mention I have a 2001 HD electra glide with new tires for sale............... lol

purely a rhetorical observation, right?

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
FYI...........

The gun/911 sign mystery is solved...........

same guy who brought me a betty's pie a few weeks back, he brought it by and hung it on my door handle as I was out.......
He said his sister sent it to him (birthday present) but he did not use it so he thought of me
Much better than some random nitwit poking the bear, lol.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,113 ·
Got the third lift shoehorned in........... clearly I need to do something to make it all fit together better and give me a bit more room (ie....move the book cases and find a home for the second tool box somewhere else)

10 motorcycles in currently getting carbs cleaned..........WTF---that is a springtime norm not a mid September norm.......

ultrasonic cleaner worked some overtime yesterday, bubbling away removing lots of grime and yuk......

oh and then this beautiful sprocket set coming off a customers bike........... I think these have around 20,000 miles on them........... 2002 ZX6R with 84,800 miles on it................... I had not seen it in about 3 years since I installed tires last, and he only rode it about 4000 miles since then..........uggg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,114 ·

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Got the third lift shoehorned in........... clearly I need to do something to make it all fit together better and give me a bit more room (ie....move the book cases and find a home for the second tool box somewhere else)

10 motorcycles in currently getting carbs cleaned..........WTF---that is a springtime norm not a mid September norm.......

ultrasonic cleaner worked some overtime yesterday, bubbling away removing lots of grime and yuk......

oh and then this beautiful sprocket set coming off a customers bike........... I think these have around 20,000 miles on them........... 2002 ZX6R with 84,800 miles on it................... I had not seen it in about 3 years since I installed tires last, and he only rode it about 4000 miles since then..........uggg
Aluminum rear sprocket…… is that a steel front?

1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts