Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,081 ·
Finally got keys to the office and the sign outside the door changed to something more suitable...........

Attachments

Reactions: laggy311 and KevA

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
If only they were not all full of tools......

It is mounted up high and "hidden"---maybe obstructed or secluded is the better term.......but it would not take a genius to follow the wire trail, then a sledgehammer or sawzall would gain you access once climbing a ladder to it.........
Just trying to deter common thieves. Can’t defend against the very best..

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,085 ·
That looks better than anything else you’ve dealt with to date, Lloyd.
only took her 3 attempts and some hand holding and prodding to finally get to this.........

not perfect but good enough

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
These finally showed up a week late........... and sadly both have some damage

the white backed one a router mishap (clearly during construction of sign--- I can live with it, althoguh not happy)

The brushed aluminum one- the top right corner is dented, clearly dropped pre packaging---they were packaged far too well to have happened in the week extra bouncing around with UPS

sent them pictures, we'll see what they do

but this is generally how they look, and of course once mounted will look much better.........

Attachments

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
New place is looking great!

Rode by Minneapolis wednesday. Was north of town but ran thru a big rainstorm, put a lot of water down for a few minutes. Going from Wisconsin to ND and thought dipping south would let me sneak between areas of rain but nope. Now in Canada, lots of unfriendly HD riders.

LOL it shows a +Canadian flag next to registered. Guess it’s because I’m up in Canada currentl.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
Haven't heard anything from the manufacturer yet....but since they only hang with velcro--I hung them up.atleast the 10' away view they look fine

also hung some gridwall and started putting some shit on the walls.......all the free baseball hats and shirts will hang underneath that shit.......

and when going through one of the boxes that has not been opened in atleast a decade or more............. I came across some of these blasts from the past 1980's vintage....................

Attachments

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,090 ·
I am glad I hired a cleaning person..............YUK!!!

Some of the free hats and shirts got hung today

some cheapo frames for some of the cheapo "achievements"

and the day that bike reached the 100,000 mile threshold............

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,091 ·
Walls got some artwork up last week

Saturday I went and spent a couple hours in the woods with the chain saw, only to get home and dig a trench in my side driveway with the hitch and front of the trailer..........
unloaded there and it simply meant about 20' further with the wheel barrow

My plant even finally made the trek up to the showfloor this am...........

and finally got internet at work (just like 20 minutes ago).....woohoo

Attachments

Reactions: RJ2112 and KevA

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
I was wondering what you’d been up to, atypical for you to drop off line for days.

I’m going to try a cortisone shot in my left shoulder in a couple of hours….. tried using the pull starter on my pressure washer this weekend with my left arm and it felt like I had been stabbed with a broken bottle. The level of discomfort is now destroying any sort of restful sleep. Not quite as bad as broken ribs and trashed shoulder, or the arthroscopic surgery followed by the PT…. But it’s a close call.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,093 ·
This mornings tire change, turned into an all day affair and still isn't done.........

I get the hurry up and wait for a new axle to show up.........
I could put it together and let it go and replace the axle later, but I had to cut off the mushroomed over end twice to get it through the bearings and now there is no means to secure the nut (ie....no place for a cotter pin)

What a fucking nightmare though....

guy just recently purchased this 20,000 mile 2001 Electra glide and both tires are date coded 1212 (so more than 10 years old) and both have cracks in the sidewalls big enough to swallow coins, and the rear is steel belts showing

only took heat cycling, penetrating lube and pounding the fucking thing back and forth gaining a couple mm's at a time....... and about 2 hours with the brass drift and 3 lb hammer to finally get the pile of dung rust bucket apart.......
it kept pushing the opposing side wheel bearing out of the wheel too

new axle, new wheel bearings (front and rear), new tires, new tubes........... and he thought he would be riding away completed in just a couple hours
nope.......... about 5 hours in at this point---and now it just sits on the lift withotu wheels waiting for new parts to arrive....

another hanger on..........Wonder how long it will take for the damn axle to actually arrive, not a single dealer in MN had one in stock but it was said to be available.......

Just your typical fucking Hardley............ always a problem bike, ALWAYS !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yup! Few years ago rolled into a gas station in Fort Payne AL. Couple of Harleys there, one pristine and the other - well it was an AMF Harley. Gas tank bolts had come out and it was now a two part gas tank! I gave him a couple of zip ties I had on my CBR600RR - try to keep a few things just in case. His buddy with the pristine Harley was standing over at the station looking pissed. Told me every time they go somewhere together the fellas bike breaks. Not riding with him again. I told the AMF Harley guy that there was a Lowes a couple of blocks away and they had drawers full of bolts. As I rode away he was walking towards the Lowes.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
The tires to go with the rusty axle.....

So he asked me if I thought he still got a good deal paying $5000 for this bike........

lol..........

umm your 5k just turned into 6k, so the real question is, Is this bike a decent deal at $6,000.00..........

my vote

FUCK NO !!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,096 ·
Picture 1.........
he my buddy who rides without a helmet was next to me the other day and he said he heard a noise and said his bike did the exact same thing right before the wheel bearings went bad........ can you replace the wheel bearings

So this is the first thing I see when he brings it via a trailer, the tire was completly flat like sit on the rim flat!

no wheel bearings needed!!!!!!!!!

pic 2 and 3.......... old cranky bastard says he keeps trying to tighten his battery cable but it won't tighten..........

he follows that up when I show him the problem with telling me the battery is "pretty new, think I just bought that"......... ummm that date stamp says otherwise!!!

people............. and you guys wonder why I have zero faith in people!!!!!!!!!!!! this is exactly why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,098 ·
or...

if stupid was an airplane, lots of my new customer would be jets............. the above might be rockets.....

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
I didn't realize how close to unique my upbringing must have been.... at least in the eyes of someone 40 years or so younger than me (anyone here born before 2001? I'm willing to bet I can name the vast majority).

My dad, having been trained by the USAF as an engine mechanic in the early 50's on B29 engines made a lot of income moonlighting as a shade tree mechanic throughout my formative years. I learned fractions, handing him sockets and wrenches when he was underneath cars working on stuff.

I used to watch him set points using a matchbook cover for his feeler gauge. I learned what was possible by demonstration, and the anecdotes he would tell me as we spent that time together. In his misspent youth, he would make rings out of 50 cent pieces, and silver dollars. (If you tap on the edge with a hammer all the way around and continue to do so until is is ring sized, drilling out the center will leave you a band with text on the inside edge.)

He had a finely developed sense of mechanical limits, and used that knowledge to exploit situations to his advantage. Modern design and manufacturing techniques have largely eliminated the margins he would 'harvest', but the skills involved in monitoring a scenario for the 'edge' before failure has been a cornerstone of what I have done ever since.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,100 ·
So.............

that fucking Harley mentioned above with the rusty axle and wheel bearings and tires and the bill was a tick over $1000

fucking asshole wrote a check and it bounced.........
Sent him a message and he fails to respond, luckily I know exactly where he works--which he has not been in the building at all today---gee did he quit his job too?????

Sadly........... the day after he wrote the check and took the bike....... The real owner calls me up asking if I have his bike and he wants to come pay the bill and get it

apparently......

guy 1 traded a trailer for the hardley with guy 2............ but guy 1 could never produce a valid title for the trailer so guy 2 wanted to trade back

this just gets better and better...........

Reminds me why I only take checks from a handful of my longtime customers and not from 1st time customers........... Should have known something was up when he didn't have a credit card at all (so he said)--- I would gladly eat the 2% fee instead of having this bullshit happen.......... $20 bank fee for the returned check and then since I assumed it was good after 3 days, I just last night auto payed my credit card in full and of course it goes through this am after the check is returned and the account is $8 short of having enough after the yanked check money and the fee, so they hit me with another $30 fee on that card payment....
I think they still payed it, but nothing has processed except my deposit to go throw money in the account again to be sure and wasted another hour making the special 40 mile round trip run today ......... uggg

this could get worse yet if they didn't even cover the extra $8 and returned it to the cc company........

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!

1081 - 1100 of 1115 Posts