Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
WOW is all I can say! My wife's family business is property management and have some property. Having watched my father-in-law an brother-in-law work with property and tenants what you are going thru is amazing to me. Looks like there are no inspections and code is "well what's that?" for the folks the landlord had in there. I have an electrical engineering degree and worked in design and construction for power plants for a number of years. We didn't have to always follow the NEC but generally did. 30 years ago in-laws were having a house remodeled. I pulled up one day and the electrical worker asked me "hey don't you work for the power company" yes, "well what size breaker do I need for #14 wire". I had to have a little class right there on breaker and wire sizing. Very early in my career I was at a power plant in construction. One of the maintenance foremen came in wanting to borrow something to bend some conduit. Asked a few questions and found out it was PVC pipe. I told him well use a conduit hickie. I had to stop him before he got out the door and tell him I was just messing with him the the PVC conduit needed to be heated then bent. He knew so little he didn't have a clue. LOL I was less than a year out of college at the time.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
^^^ right there with Al, I have to think you have a right to have an independent review of the critical systems involved in this……

Substandard plumbing, electrical, questionable security with evidence of pilferage, lack of positive control of access…..

A power bar and a drink, followed by theft of tires….. what happens when unknown parties steal tools, or take a customer’s bike for a joy ride? What are your legal options in the event things escalate along these lines?

At the least, locks only you have keys for, along with that security footage (how easily can a defense lawyer ‘beat’ such evidence?), and I would be looking at my business insurance very hard. Might be worth having your broker do an assessment and pass those costs onto your landlord.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,064 ·
Far too many people are fat, slow, lazy, cheapasses and stupid............ this I already know and understand

While the owners of the buildings are the nicest people around, they are cheap as fuck and think things run on rainbows and unicorn farts and prying open their wallet........probably not willingly it seems

this "plumber/electrician" and the "locksmith".....shady as fuck lazy, fat, slow scum with zero pride in workmanship and even less actual knowledge and skill

having navigated enough with those assfucks and I will never allow them in my unit again.now it is just a matter of navigating through the assfuck immediate neighbors who everytime I open my door to move a bike in or out they need to get to the door and look inside my unit.....fucking douchenozzles.......... they are shady as fuck too, and do shitty work (they are the assfucks the landlord paid to install all the plywood on the walls, as they are a "construction compnay")

Bothers me how much interest they have on what is inside my unit.......... and how often they park blocking my door

yesterday I went up and they had a truck and trailer parked right across the narrow strip of driveway from my door (in a painted yellow no parking zone) and then a truck parked with the front wheels in front of my man door and the front bumper blocking about a foot of my OHD
I drive up with stuff and want to back in and those fucks stood around like no cares they were blocking the access.....

I got backed up to the door with some fuss got out and simply yelled at the assfucks.......
"hey you stupid fucks...quit parking in front of my doors and quit parking in the no parking zone blocking my access" and walked in my mandoor and opened the OHD
as I walk out to get in the truck to back in, those fucks walked right into my unit (maybe a foot inside the OHD) I let out the clutch and spun some tires-- I was going to run the fuckers over---zero fucks given!!!!!!!! they jumped out of the way
I got parked shut my overhead door as I barked some more shit at those stupid fucks.......

anymore "conversation" and I will need that backhoe sitting across the parking lot to dispose of their worthless scum sucking loser lowlife bodies........... thus I did not feel the need to go over and try to be "reasonable" I have already been reasonable with them a half dozen times about their parking......zero reasonable coming about you trespassing into my unit uninvited!!!!

there is a reason my doors are shut and locked 24/7/365..............and the window is covered and security cameras are installed

Last night I had a customer rool in with hhis crashed 2022 R7.....those stupid fucks walked over to/near it looking before he was even off the bike........ I rolled it through the mandoor immediately and just gave them a "look"

fucking assholes.......... I don't have time to waste on fucking assholes.....but I will find time to dig a hole and remove them from existance.....Stay in your fucking lane and mind your own god damn business!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,066 ·
^ I have been negligent on checking it for weeks now...........

but yep........ I am sure it is spiking high, and doing so often..........

Still waiting here for the guy to drop off his R6 for work to add to the trailer to haul up there today.........uggg

2 bikes in the bed of the truck, a couple boxes of parts in the trailer and add this R6 and then finally get to go in to work today......... neighbors will be run over and crushed then shot and buried in the woods if they mess with me today......
I am sick of their stupidity and arrogance............fucking low life scum have no place on earth and I have zero tolerance for stupid idiots

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Certified mail to the landlord outlining your grievances would be in order. They’re supposed to be the referee.

Blocking fire lanes , business access, loitering within your business space….. all things that have an impact on your bottom line, I’d want the paper trail.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,068 ·
Lost power Wednesday for about 4 hours.........

the battery back up emergency lights are mostly worthless in my hall---and by the bathroom/sink area, but more alarming was the water rushing into the hallways behind the units and the end unit the next day had a puddle about 8' round by his window wall (end unit and has glass bock windows)
and the fact the gutter (flatroof, 6 downspouts) had a waterfall coming off the roof about 3 feet surrounding the downspout---pus what was coming down the downspout........ I now understand why my door is so rusted and in bad shape---water pours right on it in heavy rain!

the parking lot/drive between the buildings had a rush of water only about 4 or 5 inches deep but it was up the other side curb and within a foot of coming in my then stuck open about a foot OHD (but still today there is a puddle out just off the paved surface where the water runs.......one of the lanscape companies in the building uses that area for stones and gravel etc---so fun when they drove through the muck and then drag it up the driveway--about a dozen times

I did take his firelane sign and mount it, it was sitting on the ground next to that post........... (saturns ass is just beyond the painted yellow)
lets hope the neighbors heed the warning and the landlords return gets some action going........

landlords have been MIA all week, pretty sure they took their sons off to college this week........
so my office space has gotten nothing done all week......... ugg

this is super old already ........no internet at work, no computer use at work, no way to type up invoices or even look up parts etc......

anyways..........

this is the view yesterday......... 15 bikes and still 5 sitting at my house needing to get moved up there and 2 more arriving today
I desperately need two more lifts............... uggg........

3 track bikes
a dirt bike
2 DCT goldwings, and that 1500 wingding still waiting on parts
and then a bunch of shitboxes..........-- hopefully they will not remain shitboxes........
and a CB919 and a yamaha venture arriving today now considering it is 3am now...........

fuck I got to go get myself about 4 hours of sleep

already exhuasted but worked til after midnight at the shop then home for a couple hours of invoices, parts look up, estimates and some email replies...........uggg

terrible to say, but I really just want it to be fucking winter already so I can concentrate on getting the shop and office spaces done and set up how I need
I feel less productive now than a month ago............

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,071 ·
I’m thinking of what that will look like with freezing temperatures….. anywhere water is pooling now, will be ice, then.
but frozen snow and ice can't flow into the building.............lol

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,072 ·
When you do not ride your bike for nearly a decade and failed to put it away properly..........

Ethanol sucks the life out of everything

and these forks seals were clearly leaking tons long before he parked it and let it wither away...........

This bike is not even worth what the bill will be, even when completed it won't be worth what the bill has to be, to make it driveable and safe to operate...
Some people you simply can't talk out of bad decisions

Attachments

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,073 ·
this was late yesterday afternoon after 3 bikes had been picked up......... So yes it fills up far too quickly

and I have a real need for atleast 2 more lifts............. 4 seems like the right number for me............

and today a mystery guest stopped by on his way home from a ride up north (this ie shop is about 220 miles away from the shop)
he texted and it had no caller ID so of course I was skeptical of someone texting me on a fucking Sunday around noon and saying " lloyd are you in the new shop, I think I am outside your door. I have a surprise for you."
umm..........if you are going to text someone, make sure they know who the fuck you are!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, glad I eventually and begrudgingly opened the door............ I think he was getting ready to get back on the bike and depart.....

Attachments

Reactions: KevA and RJ2112

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,076 ·
Never in all my years have I seen a Diaphragm in that state........Wow o_O
Did I spell it wrong somewhere????????

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,077 ·
Today.......... simultaneous tire changes........ after finally having progressive come see that 22 R7 crash bike and finishing up the other trackbikes so they can depart for their outing up at BIR long course this coming weekend

09 R6 in rough shape and needs much more (chain and sprockets, battery, no ignition switch so "race wired" to work off the kill switch..uggg and his chineseum bodywork and bullshit fasteners, yeah none of them came out correctly and I especially liked the piece of bent tin off the c/s cover to hold the fairings........lol
(atleast his chain isn't this bad, but it does rattle and bend a long ways sideways and the ground out link is worn excessively and rusty inside beyond the orings)

18 Goldwing DCT.........second one of these this past week (just today finished it up), the last one was brake pads and oil filters changed, this one just a couple of tires.......... 10,000 miles out of the stock D423's........ Dunlop E4's went on--likely to last longer......the other already surpassed the 35,000 mile mark..........stark difference in their riding amounts- but both are dirty pigs......had to have been atleast a pound of dirt and sand stuck to the rear wheel and inside the hollow cavity and around the lug nuts, ended up taking it outside and throwing the power washer at it for a couple minutes......

and sadly depsite them sending me pictures and a text yesterday saying my office/showfloor was done (yesterday) and I would get keys today............
Never saw either of them at all today, so still no keys to it.....uggg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
They claim to have re-keyed the locks, but the "locksmith" and his accompliss seemed like shady as hell fucks when they had to come the third time when I was there.......
It may well of been their chosen locksmith
or it could be someone else........ the actual owners of the building seems far too stand up and money driven but cheap as fuck..........to quibble over a few hundred dollars of tires (and they own no motorcycles)-- but it is their 20ish yr old kid who was up painting with one of his buddies, wonder what key access they have!?!?

But yes the landlord has a master key that opens every door in the building, so he certainly has keys to my place, he used it to just unlock my door and walk in one day when I was in there....... Like, what you cannot knock!?!?

I went out and bought a 4 camera with DVR with 1TB of memory....going to mount them inside my unit and shoot both doors and then at the tire rack and the parts racks, record everything
I just have to figure out where and how to mount the DVR so it is not obvious and cannot be easily stolen to remove the "evidence"

Tomorrow 9am this "plumber" is coming back to actually hook up the sink, so I will be there and stay til its completion and see what the fuck.... I wonder if it is even a licensed plumber at all...
Put DVR in a toolbox drawer that locks

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,080 ·
Put DVR in a toolbox drawer that locks
If only they were not all full of tools......

It is mounted up high and "hidden"---maybe obstructed or secluded is the better term.......but it would not take a genius to follow the wire trail, then a sledgehammer or sawzall would gain you access once climbing a ladder to it.........

Reactions: laggy311
1061 - 1080 of 1115 Posts