Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
really............. this is what the "plumber" came up with for "hooking up the sink" ????!!!!???? jeezus and people wonder why I know people are fucking morons and should be eliminated from society!

How the fuck is that, "hey your sink is all good to go"........bad enough you ran it through 2 shelves but you didn't even get it over to the fucking sink nor did you attach it to the fucking faucet!!!
I called and bitched and was told I need to buy a short hose to get it over to the sink.....wtf---FUCK YOU NO !!!

a couple views of some lackluster efforts of late and severe lack of progress as a result

I can't even get my parts unboxed until that water bullshit is moved so I can install those 2 shelves........... been like this for 5 days now, wtf!!!

to top that off, 3 times I have gone up there and not been able to gain entry, the sun heats up the door and the concrete and the door bows in the middle putting so much pressure on the striker plate you cannot get the key to turn...... twice I have been able to go in upstairs and walk down the stairs and then go in through the hallway door, but what a fucking time waster and joke...............
it needs a new door installed is what it needs, there is no gap to the sillplate (which is not rusty as it is all aluminum but it is sitting right on the concrete and all 3 bolts raised out of the concerte- one snapped off when I tried to turn it in so it was not sticking up the 3/8" trip hazzard amount) nor to the top of the steel frame (less than 1/16 in the early am before the sun hits it) neither are moveable and the frame and the door have a severe case of rust
and the excuse........... we never had any problems before it must be becasue of the extreme heat we are having......like get real, every fucking year we see on average 14 days in the 90's.....you can't tell me those days for the past 30 years you didn't have issues if that is the only issue!

anyways...........

Everything is out of the old place, but most of it is sitting in my own garage now or still inside the enclosed trailer and some in my fucking foyer...

on top of this bullshit stupidity........... I get told now the office space I wanted may be Sept 1, may be longer......... really wtf........ (deadbeat tennant has nothing in there except a massage table, no sheets nothing else but that table.......move it out!!!) it was sold to me as being "350sf" but I went in and saw it and it is no more than 225-250sf total and split down the middle into what was 2 massage rooms about 7-8 wide max by perhaps 13 or 14 long
So they offer me a much bigger (like over 800sf total) office that is in fact empty, but it is missing a side wall (maybe 13' long at 8' high to stud and sheetrock and paint)

I said you know what, just give me the big office space as fast as you can and for $290 more per month more than the small office I will do that deal...(easily triple the sf compared to that smaller space)... ($110 less than they wanted for the "big office")......... figuring that is a couple days work and that I should pay less than their ask as I am signing on for 3 years as an already existing tennant and they don't have to make yet another sign, or do any "build out" or deal with somebody else who may be gone in 1 year etc.... (I know I could get it done solo in about 10 man hours spread over 2 or 3 days, fuck....... tin studs and sheetrock and you are taping and first coating in under 5 hours--- next day 2nd coat of mud, later that day top coat and next day paint...boom done.... 3 days tops)
So they accepted my offer and said "we talked it over and okay, we agree to your terms, when do you want to sign a new contract", then tell me they think they can have it ready for me by Sept 1.......... wtf!!!

I just want to be done moving and get shit fucking set up and be working again............MOVING SUCKS!!!! idiots SUCK because they make the moving even more unneccessarily painful and slow!!
This is the exact reason moving a motorcycle business needs to be done in fucking december and january and february.......nothing else to do those months!........ but this place came available when it came available and I am sure I could not have waited to jump on it til then.............ugggg

The real question is once I get the office/showfloor space of approx 800+sf, how to use it........... it has an approx 14x14 office within this space
it has a concrete and stone greeting area (chest high with a nice top and all stone surround, in an "L"...perhaps 8' wide and 6' back) with a desk area behind that.......like where a receptionist would sit with all their stuff
there is still about 10' behind that desk area and about 20' over to the west of that greeting area......... there is easily 500+sf of empty unused floorspace up there

I mean I will likely stick my trackbike in there just to fill space and display a motorcycle, and likely stick a few motorcycle tire displays out to showcase perhaps the latest offerings from Dunlop, Metzeler and Pirelli. maybe Michelin too--I have not really stocked Michelins in 30 years, but might now???????
but otherwise what??????? tons of empty walls
the south wall is a bank of windows about 50' wide up about 40" off the ground (all stone under those just like the greeting area)
But since I don't sell parts retail nor any accesories and zero intentions of ever doing that again......wtf to do with the extra space???
the office walls will be lined with my motorcycle pictures and perhaps some of my ancient trophies from the 80's and 90's but even then it doesn't fill even one wall..............that 14x14 office is more than twice the space I require for an office, hell I could put 3 motorcycles in there and still have too much room (too bad the entries are not conducive to motorcycle storage upstairs, and likely niether is the insurance policy

I will see if I can get back into the space come Monday and take a couple pictures.......... I have to meet them and push them on getting shit done and fixed, there is the outlet where my tire machine goes that doesn't work as well....

2 97 GSXR750's
1- 04 era R1
1- 89 GL1500 gold wing ding
1- honda shadow
and that rattrap old ass GS650G?
still have 6 more bikes to move into the space

70 tires thus far up on the tire rack, room for atleast 30 more---which is good since I may have that many now stacked in my foyer............ about half the brake pads are up the gridwall---but until the shelves are all in I cannot put the gridwall on the other end to hang the rest of the brake pads
Huge circle jerk of bullshit.......... and nobody seems to care but me.........

oh did I mention....... those shotty waterconnections drip, thus the bucket under it all........uggg---yeah great "plumber" they had do this
What also pissed me off about this bullshit, they did not ask my permission to enter my space!
been some discussion about that since, but if I am not there you need to get ahold of me ask, not just go in!!!!!!!! fucking A.....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 ·
I took it uppon myself to go buy some fittings and a 24" section of ppipe and shut off the buildings water and redo that bullshit stupidity they did..........

atleast I have a hose bib for a hose now and all my parts shelves are together and some of the stuff was able to be unboxed today and thrown at the shelves for now..............
Was able to empty 8 boxes of shit, so now to fill them again and haul more shit up there to throw on the shelves........

oh and here is a rough sketch of the upstairs office space

Attachments

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Having a rough idea what the cost of lumber is now, building new shelves is a significant expense. Hopefully you can write that all off at the end of the year along with all the hours spent setting up...

Sucks about the doors binding up. And the landlord trespassing. Both indicate a level of performance that would be red flags for me. Add in incompetent support maintenance, and I would be documenting absolutely everything against future need.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,044 ·
Having a rough idea what the cost of lumber is now, building new shelves is a significant expense. Hopefully you can write that all off at the end of the year along with all the hours spent setting up...

Sucks about the doors binding up. And the landlord trespassing. Both indicate a level of performance that would be red flags for me. Add in incompetent support maintenance, and I would be documenting absolutely everything against future need.
I am only about $750 all in on lumber and screws and yes it is a business moving expense, just like all the fuel etc......... time however is not write offable- sadly.....

yes I have done the meail chain between both the owners to keep everything in writting, anything said verbally has had a follow up email reiterating the verbal

I am very disappointed in how unprofessional they are and the fact they don't value my time at all.......... I am losing atleast $600 a day everyday this is not operational and considering some of it is their fault that I am not yet in and working there (most really).....
I am just tired of waiting on them to casually work at whatever stupid slow pace and then do shit improperly anyways and not what we agreed to......thsu long past time to just take action and get shit done.
If I have any more door issues and they do not replace it, I will replace it myself and then bill them for my expenses and time......... I am willing to bet he wouldn't even give a fuck as it would save him any effort, she on the otherhand might, but it has been documented and if they don't fix it..... I give zero fucks, I need unfettered access and I need them to stop trespassing and allowing others to trespass as well
cameras are 100% going up within the unit to see what is happening inside it 24/7

I already know somebody that was in the unit drank one of my vitamin waters and ate atleast one of my apple soft granola bars as the discarded bottle and wrapper were just sitting on the benchtop............and I had only just brought those up the day before as a new unopened box and a new 6 pack still in the rings and I didn't open either

plus I feel like I am missing a couple tires....... I counted them as I loaded the trailer (which was immediately locked), and when those were all put up on the rack and organized (from sitting on the floor unorganized for about a week) the count is 4 less...........where the fuck did four tires go? and until I physically do a current inventory compared to year beginning inventory and then go through sales and new purchases I don't even know what 4 are missing........ I know it isn't any Q4's or E4's because those I sell enough of and know that inventory all the time........ I suspect it is 4 D404's, as there are several holes in inventory sizes that I normally keep on hand..... but I could be wrong---atleast those are the least expensive of all tires I stock............
But it is the principal of the thing not really about the $0.90 vitamin water or $0.25 soft bar or the $???? of tires and the fact someone was in my unit without permission and they were willing to steal anything at all
makes me wonder about the dozen or so boxes of parts that were sitting there for that week+ as well.......anything could have been pulled from any of those boxes and would not be noticed missing until later- if at all......
Fucking thieves, I hate fucking thieves and they should all be shot dead on site!

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
pow wow with him yesterday for a bit, pow wow with both of them in about an hour........
Lots to discuss!

but I did get a better look at the name etched into the stone, it was sandblasted into the stone........uggg, not sure how to remedy that sans........

Add " custom built by" in smaller letters next to it

or.........

have some opaque sign made with my name big enough to cover it up and figure out how to bolt it on and still keep some of the stonework showing........

I did not have the phone with to taake a pic yesterday but will today.........

Also going to offer to just build the wall myself and "get it done" so I can get moved in already.......stupid to wait on these slow fucks for something I can do myself in 1/25th the time
and discuss a $$$$$$$ value of me doing it......... like give me the rest of August for free?

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
It doesn’t sound like this was a ‘turn key’ proposition from the outset. You had every reason to expect it to be, and you have been shorted a number of times. No way a professional plumber would have left the pipes as you found them.

the same is true for the electrical work, and the structural stuff. A jammed door has to be a OSHA violation, and certainly a building code violation….

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
The possibility that a former tenant (or worse yet) a facilities person has already stolen from you……. I would expect new locks everywhere, minimum. If the landlord gets a key from that point forward there is only one suspect.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,049 ·
Handwriting Rectangle Violet Material property Font

something like this type of sign in brushed stainless to cover up the old business name....... on the front entry area........ was thinking if I could just get the letters embossed/raised on a sheet of brushed SS ???? but maybe that is too subtle???
I could do white or black letters but........... I worry it may look cheap?

not yet sure what to do with this back signage, looks like it may "just" be paint over the stone(smooth when you run your fingers across it, vs that front entry reception desk
Wood Rectangle Font Flooring Gas
one has about a 1/16" lip where it was sandlblasted and then everything painted)

They had two people in their painting this am when I went in, a shade of green, not my favorite shade of green but it is fine........

anyways you can see what I am looking at and trying to fit my signage into

Plant Font Grass Wood Groundcover

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,050 ·
The possibility that a former tenant (or worse yet) a facilities person has already stolen from you……. I would expect new locks everywhere, minimum. If the landlord gets a key from that point forward there is only one suspect.
They claim to have re-keyed the locks, but the "locksmith" and his accompliss seemed like shady as hell fucks when they had to come the third time when I was there.......
It may well of been their chosen locksmith
or it could be someone else........ the actual owners of the building seems far too stand up and money driven but cheap as fuck..........to quibble over a few hundred dollars of tires (and they own no motorcycles)-- but it is their 20ish yr old kid who was up painting with one of his buddies, wonder what key access they have!?!?

But yes the landlord has a master key that opens every door in the building, so he certainly has keys to my place, he used it to just unlock my door and walk in one day when I was in there....... Like, what you cannot knock!?!?

I went out and bought a 4 camera with DVR with 1TB of memory....going to mount them inside my unit and shoot both doors and then at the tire rack and the parts racks, record everything
I just have to figure out where and how to mount the DVR so it is not obvious and cannot be easily stolen to remove the "evidence"

Tomorrow 9am this "plumber" is coming back to actually hook up the sink, so I will be there and stay til its completion and see what the fuck.... I wonder if it is even a licensed plumber at all...

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
I don’t know property law where you are, especially business property…… but that whole deal doesn’t fly with me. I know for residential rental law, 99% of the time the property owners have to give notice before entering spaces they have rented out.

Your situation sounds shady as f*ck, and not of your doing. There’s no way I would accept random people entering my place of business who are not directly involved in my business.

I would be going through the lease/rental agreement with a fine toothed comb at this point.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,052 ·
I don’t know property law where you are, especially business property…… but that whole deal doesn’t fly with me. I know for residential rental law, 99% of the time the property owners have to give notice before entering spaces they have rented out.

Your situation sounds shady as f*ck, and not of your doing. There’s no way I would accept random people entering my place of business who are not directly involved in my business.

I would be going through the lease/rental agreement with a fine toothed comb at this point.
The law is clear, they have to give minimum 24 hours reasonable notice.....
I can wave being present when someone enters if I choose, via a written agreement of same or I can say no and schedule another reasonable timeframe or simply make sure I am there to supervise......... I chose the last option for tomorrow am

and other than today being notified of the plumber coming tomorrow at 9am................... I have been given zero notice and certainly never waved any consent to enter........... The first several days when I had nothing there but lumber, a cordless drill, a square, a tape measure and a saw and he was still trying to do some stuff inside ( some added outlets, an outlet for the compressor, pull out some pallet racking and supposedly power wash the floor (he rinsed the floor)
....... I did not care (likely set the wrong precedent, but thought he would have it done in a couple days--- my mistake there, but as soon as I started moving product there I asked them to let me know if/when someone was coming for the outlet that doesn't work, or the plumbing stuff, and the garage door trim ........then I had the door problems and he immediately had a locksmith come out--- I was not there the first time, but when I still had problems and had to walk around the building, go in the front door and down the stairs to come in the back hall entry, that time he had the locksmith arrive right away while I was there--- but he couldn't get his key to work then either

initially I did not demand it, I just asked to be notified....... they didn't respect my ask ............
Now I demanded it and I think they are a bit taken aback by it.............. like nobody has ever cared before or said NO????

I don't think the building owners........even though they have owned this building for several decades......... have ever considered the possibility that someone might not want them to enter whenever they please, I also think they are far too trusting even though the other building has been broken in to numerous times and the stuff sitting out in the yard (although behind 3 locked gates to prevent driving in short of cutting chains.......... you can walk in to the yard from the parking lot and grab whatever you can carry or wheelbarrow to your waiting truck............ sevareal of the businesses use "the yard" as outside storage of all sorts of shit--- there is a 20x40 area of plants in pots for one of the businesses, a couple of skid loaders, atleast a dozen big trailers, 3 or 4 dump trucks and another 20+ vehicles or varying degree, then several of those shipping containers, some locked some not)
I can see cameras on the building, but me thinks they are fake cameras just for show.......... although I did see in the main electrical room someone in the building uses ADT for an alarm company and does have a DVR sitting there and a ipod hooked up to it with a camera view---presumable so they can feed it to their phone or home computer???? I could not tell looking at the tiny screen what it was showing, but it was an interior upstairs space......... might of been one of those massage rooms...........lol---- I kid I kid, but I really don't know, that tiny screen was just too small and about 3' over my head..........

I think all the tenants may be so unconcerned and "used to" the infringement ............ The landlords go in every Sunday and empties everyones trash, and 3 Sundays in a row, I have not seen a single sole around the building, except me and the landlords for part of the day, she less than him
they both come, she stays and does ???? he stays and does ???????? I don't keep track of them, not my concern- but I have seen both their vehicles and I have seen him hauling multiple garbage cans to the dumpster

During the week all I have seen thus far is she is in the office for a few hours a day and he is still trying to wrangle all his shit into a single spot and get the other spots inhabitibal for the renters
today there were cement floor grinders going to town on a spot 2 down from me where a wall used to be and now isn't, so a big ridge in the floor they were grinding down.......... I think he hired his old employees and they used his old grinding machine--ie........ the new business owner got some work from the old business owner perhaps?
That spot still needs the sprinkler heads moved up to cieling height, as two are dropped down for where lower interior cielings used to be about 4' lower.....guy moving in is putting a car lift back there- car would definitely hit those sprinkler heads if they were not moved

anyways......we had the discussion now we will see how it goes

and I will really see because it will be recorded starting tomorrow when I install it all............

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,053 · (Edited)
On to a motrocycle related topic...............

So this 2013 GSXR750............ was bought and ridden 95% on the street for the first 32,000 miles with perhaps 6 big track trackday events put on it and perhaps a dozen tiny track trackday events;

first tune up (valve adjustment+)
all the exhaust valves were tight............
spec is .18mm-.28mm and most were down around .12-.16mm

only a few intakes moved from new, some loose and some tight............and most that did move..... only 1 or two shim size change required

Second tune up (valve adjustment+)
all exhaust valves were tight again.......
same spec, this time nearly all were .08-.12mm, so even worse than the first time, likely because most of her trackdays came after the first tune
intakes only required 3 valves to be adjusted only a single shim size each

now since that 32,000 mark, she has almost exclusively done trackdays (I bet less than 500 of the 13,000 miles since have been on the street)
So todays tune up (valve adjustment+)
4 of the exhaust valves were super tight again.......... less than .08mm !!! really fucking tight!!
2 were just a little tight, 2 were good
1 intake was also super fucking tight, also down in the .06mm range.......... the other 7 still right where I set them

Why is this news................... why am I telling you this story...................

The bike starts life with shims in the 162-172 range
With the valves that kept getting tighter and tighter and tighter...........
todays adjustments see 5 valves with shims at 1.30 or less............ that is as small as you can buy, there are none smaller!!!!!!! (so some of these are around .014" thinner shims than they once were, that is a lot of change!)

So is it time to sound the alarm on pulling the engine and rebuilding it? ( it is rhetorical, it IS time to sound the alarm)

Is it time to sell it while it is "all good" before it grenades itself, because imo that is what is coming next (just passing the problem to the next owner, but they may not ride it enough miles or hard enough to ever have a problem? and they would pass the problem to someone and so on til someone finally has it go boom

usually when I see them getting tight and tight and tight ........... one of two things happens..........
the valve faces pound themselves to death on the seat and eventually pull through the seat breaking off the outer lip of the valve and promptly destroying the whole engine
what else do I commonly see in this scenario........... the keepers pulling through the groove in the valve tip and the retaining washer...... then the tip of the valve stem breaks off or the washer breaks or the collets simply slip through- dropping the whole valve into the engine and destroys the whole engine

45,000 miles and pretty much trashed........ although right now it would be fixable for far less money that after it goes boom
but 16 valves at over $100 each
16 retaining washers @ about $15 each
32 collets @ about $3 each
16 guide seals @ about $15 each
not too mention all the time and gaskets etc, and if doing this............ you definitely want to put in new rings, rigid hone it and refresh the lower end as well
rings $90 each
rod bearings $38 each half
crank bearings $16 per half
thrust bearings $9 each
counterbalancer bearings $15 each half

ie............ easily over $3000 just in parts alone

spend $5k+ and have a fresh engine and 45,000 mile chassis?
sell for ?????????? maybe $5000 ???????? it is trackbike set up but doesn't have any actual high end suspension etc, just revalved stock shock and forks with appropriate springs, a set of rearsets and clips ons with track plastics..........and then go buy something new for $15,000+??? and then spend xyz to make it the new track bitch bike??????? likely to have 20k into something else, if wanting something similar

Wait til it goes boom and look for a low mileage used engine??????? likely to cost less than rebuilding this engine, but who knows how long it would last and what life it saw.........

Attachments

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,054 ·
babysat for nearly 5 hours today..........

They arrive atleast 30 minutes late with zero tools and zero parts

looks and departs, arrives back more than an hour later to test the non functioning outlet and then decides...........
"welp I cannot fix it, but I can change that 2 gang into a 4 gang and that will get you the 4 outlets you seek"

fine, remove the outlet that doesn't work, cover plate it and then turn the surface mounted box into a 4 gang......... lets go see that breaker (it is indeed on a 20a, but who knows what else that 20a covers, surely not just that outlet)
so they go to another unit and do some diddle fucking around for atleast another hour then have to run to the store to get parts........
really...............!!!!!!!!!! fucking dumb!!!

they finally arrive back and this is the shit they did, everything brand new in a menards bag including the primer and glue---clearly not an electrician nor a plumber, just some jack of all trades, master of none of them!!!!!--

So he says to "leave the water off for atleast 2 hours or it''ll blow out the connections".....OMFG.....
I wnated to turn the water right then and there and test it why they were there, if it leaks you are here, fix the shit!!!!!!
but the landlord was like, okay we will test that tomorrow

they did not even bother to buy any straps to ties the piping to the wall..........fucking hacks, total fucking hacks......

I expressed my displeasure, temporarily put a couple screws and some twine to hold it "up and tight to the wall"
and departed to get work done.............
going back tonight and will turn on the water and see what happens.......better hold and not blow apart and soak everything, fucking ridiculous how stupid these people are.........and this is why I hate most people---idiots like these clowns of stupid professing to be something they are not and professing to do something they clearly have not...........

and since the "plumber" is supposedly the "electrician" too......... You'd have thought they would have put cover plates on the junction boxes and the outlets etc..... but nope.....

hell even that 4 gang now has one yellow 2 gang GFCI outlet sideways and the other white 2 gang upside down ... atleast it has a metal faceplate on the metal box! but seriously...............--- I already removed it and turned the white 2 gang upside right ---- no way no how these people are plumbers or electricians!

Obviously zero permits are pulled for any work at all no matter what

Attachments

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,057 ·
Still trying to figure out if they will ever be in compliance with your lease……
They will not I am positive of that

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,058 ·
I know that it’s a big ‘ask’, does that sink have a drain?
that 5 gallon Home Depot bucket

I knew that going in......... otherwise they would have had to cut through 25 feet or more of concrete floor to get to the drainage system.......... I just needed something in the unit for washing my hands instead of always having to walk down the hallway and to that communal bathroom......... when I need to soapy water wash some part--- I will end up over at that communal wash tub just outside the bathroom .sucks but I knew that going in

no "gas trap" in the floor drain either,

the building isn't really about "code compliance"

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,059 ·
2 lifts, 2 tool boxes and 2 of the parts drawers (likely putting these up in my office space?)all made the journey today...........

I also covered the window up before I left tonight so nobody can see in to see what is in there anymore, but cameras are live and recording 24/7

the big tool box that I put between the two work benches and I left that 1/4" space for............ yeah, that was fun when only two of the wheels on the tool box rotate
so up went the floor jack and a couple of 2x4's to lift it to set it in place.............
that'll be hard to steal now, until they realize they can use any number of saws to cut the benches out of the way I suppose.........

Tire machine, air compressor and 3rd lift on the agenda for next to be moved

Attachments

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,060 ·
Wasn't going to do it until atleast winter, maybe never...............

but broke down and wasted 4 hours of my life and $200 in paint and painted about half the place white...........

Tire machine finally up there as well as the shitty compressor (still waiting on my new "quiet" one to be built and shipped......assholes)

and what happens the second I try and plug in the compressor, trips the breaker instantly......assfuck had one of the power and the nuetral swapped...............geezus fucking assfuck stupid idiot!!

got that fixed without too much fanfare other than the 30 extra minutes of my life I won't get back and a run to the store to buy an electric dryer plug in, since he did not use a typical compressor outlet instead used a dryer outlet.....another $26 wasted, had I known he fucked up the wiring I would have just bought the right female plug and simply replaced the $6 parts instead of the $26 cord.........

now to just finish running the air lines.........50' barely made it from compressor to tire machine going up and over all the sprinkler plumbing at the cieling

anyways...........always something

Attachments

1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts