Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
981 - 995 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Some customers just fucking get it!!!!!!!

No bitching about the bill,
No negotiating trying to get some amount removed
No here, process these 3 different credit cards and this $200 in cash and can you type me up a different receipt with a different amount so my wife doesn't know how much I just spent......

Just a;
here take my monies and thank you..........followed up by a text message an hour later

"Just Got Home. It has never ran this good ever. it shifts so smooth runs so good and feels so awesome. Thank you so much" with a thumbs up emoji....

and then he tells me he is my customer for life now and wishes he had found someone as good as me when he lived in Atlanta, the bike could have been fun to ride all these years instead of not so fun nor so safe

Anyways............ it is always good to feel appreciated and this week thus far......... I am 4-0

Attachments

Reactions: PhotoAl and RJ2112

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design Gear

Customer............
Do you have any of those special chain adjuster bolts, I don't have anymore change in my pocket........

• Wow
Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Black Bicycle part

Shop............ maybe you should just buy new chain and sprockets, clearly your shit is worn out!

Owner........... okay how much is that..... but but but I can get chineseum shit off amazon for $100,it'll be here tomorrow how much just to install?

buys Amazon shit then brings you this after trying hard to negotiate the price of install down from $75

Shop........... here you go, you done fucked the pooch here is your shitbox and shitty chineseum crap, do not ever return!!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
^^^ what possesses people to weld the front sprocket to the tranny output shaft? Especially to weld it 360°?
Who needs safety wire when you own a welder..............lol

Someone who may have lost the c/s nut previously and had the sprocket spin on the output shaft end and ruin the chance of the nut staying on?

An idiot?

Someone who ruined the nut and threads on the shaft being an idiot and now just welds it in place instead of replacing the output shaft and nut, knowing it only buys them several thousand miles til they need to do the work correctly anyways.... or til they dump it onto the next person, unsuspecting and undisclosed no doubt.....

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
Lloyd,

The wear pattern on that welded on front sprocket is a complete departure for me... I don't ever recall being able to see wear on the sprocket from the links of the chain running on it. Teeth destroyed, yes..... not the body of the sprocket itself. Have you ever seen the like before?

I know 520, 525 and 530 are all the same dimensions pin to pin (links are the same length, rollers the same diameter), but the width between plates increases as you go up in type. (525 is wider than 520, 530 wider yet.)

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·
Lloyd,

The wear pattern on that welded on front sprocket is a complete departure for me... I don't ever recall being able to see wear on the sprocket from the links of the chain running on it. Teeth destroyed, yes..... not the body of the sprocket itself. Have you ever seen the like before?

I know 520, 525 and 530 are all the same dimensions pin to pin (links are the same length, rollers the same diameter), but the width between plates increases as you go up in type. (525 is wider than 520, 530 wider yet.)

That is what happens when you misalign your chain

I see it all the time, rear wheel crooked to the right or the left makes the chain push hard on the sides of both sprockets

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 · (Edited)
yesterdays "tire change"........ so what should have been about 2 hours or so ended up being about 5 hours
Thankfully my weekly streak stayed intact and he was grateful and just paid the bill and drove away happy

all 6 of the brake caliper slide pins were siezed up and had to be pounded out with a brass drift before seeing the wire wheel and getting cleaned up then lubed up...........but with all the rubber 'seals" deteriated and not doing their job I wonder how long this will really help

and the rust and corrosion..........

an extra 30 minutes just getting all the build up off the inside of the rim (where it beads up and seals) and de-rusting the axles and then the drive splines.......uggg- exceeded my picture limit, another post on those

and just look at the giant chunk missing on the rear tire...... and the crack/tear in the front tire.......... 12 year old tires....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·
here is the drive splines of rust....

oh and the stereo and speaker mounts---I had some clip nuts and bolts, so removed the broekn and missing ones and installed 8 new clip nuts and some left over bolts into them........... the speakers and raido do not bounce all over anymore
1986 wingding that about 7 weeks ago got new belts and oil and air filter etc.....
he had me order a set a tires for the pile about a week after he picked it up and just finally brought it back yesterday for me to put them on, never said a word about the giant chunk missing out of the rear tire.........
How do you not notice nor feel that???????

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #992 ·
Ultrasonic cleaner working its magic............

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
Happy to see the odometer on that one sitting 'North' of 100K......
40,066 on that 1986 GL1200I

but yes form that view angle it does look like 100+

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #995 ·
So this happened tonight..............

I go pick up the 09 250 Ninja that some lady contacted me about, perhaps 10 days ago........ She has it sold but it won't run --it will sort of start on choke but only 1 lung it at about 600rpms and die
Obviously needs carbs cleaned and ????????????????
she bought this new in 09 and in 7 years managed sub 4000 miles............ it has sat parked since end of 15 riding season

Mind you this is a woman and the bike doesn't run, although she had mentioned trying to drive it the 8 miles to get it to me, she just didn't know how long it would take to get here ..........
lol

So I told her after I get done riding and doing whatever on my "free day" I will come Sunday evening after dinner time and pick it up for her so I can work on it monday am (today)

anyways I get there and her husband right away is asking me about fixing his rat pile of shit former stunt bike F4i that is half apart with shit thrown all over it and I can see a bunch of butchered wiring in front of the steering head
he tells me "it ran perfect until I installed the new steering neck bearings it needed. then I found out the guy butchered the wiring and removed the tip sender and that is all I need fixed"

I kindly told him "Nope not interested in fixing that heap pile of shit, I draw the line at other peoples toilets and this is clearly someone elses toilet"

I get called a sexist......
lol

So because your wife made an appointment and I was kind enough to come get her bike and I don't want to work on your shitbox, I am a sexist????

wow....... well you know what, maybe I am, I prefer women customers, they are always more logical and understanding and listen better as customers for me than men do.......... besides I give absolutely zero fucks what this idiot thinks of me..........

So I get the bike all loaded up-- a little help pushing it up the ramps into the bed of the truck since it doesn't run and the tailgate is pretty high and with no slope or curb to aid....... this is what it was.... should have taken the enclosed trailer for super ease of loading....

guy then asks me to send him some information on who would work on the bike........... ummm........ can't you just start calling everyone and asking yourself??????? WOW, just WOW....

Her replacement bike for the N250......... she bought a 2016 636 brand new in 16, it has less than 1000 miles on it, and the N250 has just been sitting in the garage unused ever since, said they thought one of the kids might want it when they got their license.......... their 17 yr old son still has no license and no interest in anything but video games---he had to be dragged away from them to help push the bike into the truck--- Mom would have helped and likely done fine but his dad volunteered junior letch to do something productive..........maybe dad is not so bad afterall....... and the other kids still not yet 16 have zero interest and think mom and dad are too old to be riding sportbikes---- the future is doomed with dolts like these kids imo

981 - 995 of 995 Posts