Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
961 - 980 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #961 ·
I’d guess whoever sold it to her had been trying to sell it since’19 and hadn’t done anything like maintenance since.
She sent an email stating how much better it feels and runs now and informed me "you are stuck with me as a customer for life now"

I am glad she is happy........ We'll have to see how long before she "needs" something with more displacement and bigger physically too...
turns out she hates libretardeds too!!! She owns a catering service and does lots of weddings and had just done a 200 guest reception days before picking up and said she was appauled at how rude they all were especially the old fucks, and how they all bashed on Trump and talked about PedoJo and KamelHo in a good light
and they were lowsy tippers!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #962 ·
So...........

word to the wise, if you ever purchase a Yamaha Vstar1300 and need to replace the rear shock absorber............ put aside 6+ hours and find your zen.......... (and if on the floor you better put aside a whole week and take breaks every hour to walk away!!!!!!!!!!!)
it is a tedious and painstackingly aggrevating process of moving wires, fuel tanks, battery and battery box, and about 20 other pieces just to gain access to the top bolt--- then you still have to fight all of it to get that bolt out---which sadly is easier than putting that same bolt back in.........

I have a lift and every tool known to mankind and it took me a full 4 hours and I invented new swear words during the entire process.............

I only took a couple of pictures along the way, mostly before I started pulling out the coolant recovery tank, rear brake resevoir and the fuel tanks, then nothing again until my hands were clean after the fuel tanks and much of everything was shoved back in place........... I really appreciated the duel tank with one time use hose fittings so I had to hang both tanks up in the air about 4" above the normal position in order to get that top bolt out and under the lower fuel tank......... as the local yamahahahaha dealer did not have new one time use clamps and those stupid worm drive hose clamps just weren't going to suffice......

fucking engineers should all be lined up and shot dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they give zero fucks about maintenance or the people who have to perform it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
This may have been sort of a steal??????????

I bought it from the owner who had just bought it back from his buddy last summer.......... he rode it a whopping 10 miles or less last fall and hated it........... and he only rode it about 700 miles back when he owned it in 2014/2015--- his buddy he sold it to rode it long enough to wear out the tires, maybe 4000 miles total since I saw it last in 2015 to install those tires.......

but now it is mine............

can't decide if I want to go the penske and Ak20 route and make it rideable or just dump it off and make a profit

I took it out memorial day for about 100 mile ride and I hate it everybit as much as I did last year when I rode it about 3 or 4 times......suspension just sucks and the riding position sucks, I can't even see the guages etc unless I totally look straight down and take my eyes off the road............. The ZZR riding position is so much better and I can see the gauges fully just moving my eyes not my whole head and still see the road while also seeing the instruments.........

further disdain for this 04 zx6r .............. the ZZR is way quicker, faster, stops better.......... Hell it does everything better!!

I guess I know my answer............... buh bye............(once I get the title and who knows how slow Minneshithole will be on that)

Attachments

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
This may have been sort of a steal??????????

I bought it from the owner who had just bought it back from his buddy last summer.......... he rode it a whopping 10 miles or less last fall and hated it........... and he only rode it about 700 miles back when he owned it in 2014/2015--- his buddy he sold it to rode it long enough to wear out the tires, maybe 4000 miles total since I saw it last in 2015 to install those tires.......

but now it is mine............

can't decide if I want to go the penske and Ak20 route and make it rideable or just dump it off and make a profit

I took it out memorial day for about 100 mile ride and I hate it everybit as much as I did last year when I rode it about 3 or 4 times......suspension just sucks and the riding position sucks, I can't even see the guages etc unless I totally look straight down and take my eyes off the road............. The ZZR riding position is so much better and I can see the gauges fully just moving my eyes not my whole head and still see the road while also seeing the instruments.........

further disdain for this 04 zx6r .............. the ZZR is way quicker, faster, stops better.......... Hell it does everything better!!

I guess I know my answer............... buh bye............(once I get the title and who knows how slow Minneshithole will be on that)
Someone somewhere will pay a premium for it when you're done detailing it. Do you advertise out of state on stuff like that? Cycle Trader or similar?

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #966 ·
Cruisers aren't known for good handling, Lloyd.... :). You're the only mech out there willing to take that shock on.
lol.......

I got him into some new Metzeler cruisetecs late last fall, new fork springs and fork rebuilds about 10,000 miles ago.........

So the front has been working well now, but the rear shock was just old and shitty quality to begin with and now it isn't.......
traxxion set up, but it is a YSS shock (so some no name nothing shock with only single rebound damping and spring preload for options, but valved and spring rate set up for this owner on this bike, so for sub $400 brand new, it was well worth the monies.........of course install cost was as much as the shock cost......)

it has about 39,400 miles on it.........he lives nearly 5 hours away in Tomohawk WI, up by Green Bay--- his GF still has her condo about 30 miles from me, so they both came down last night dropped off the bike and went there for the night and to do some cleaning, organizing and came back today around 4:30 to make the long trek back to Tomohawk.......... sounds like her condo sits empty about 350 days a year, she keeps it only for the few times a year she is required abck to her job physical location in Murderapolis so she has somewhere "free" to stay for a few days each time she makes the trek

they are in their late 60's............. you'd think retirement has to be close and selling the place on the horizon??? or maybe she keeps it for the "just in case things don't work out with him?"
although she has been with him atleast since his first visit in 2015, so odds are they will be together long time..........?!?!?!?

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #967 ·
Someone somewhere will pay a premium for it when you're done detailing it. Do you advertise out of state on stuff like that? Cycle Trader or similar?
Yeah when I am ready (title in hand) I will do cycle trader and likely look at $4500ish and take anything $4200 or more??

I already changed all the fluids again (despite sub 700 miles since they were all changed in August last year) and cleaned it up nice, even got new tabs....

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
Yeah when I am ready (title in hand) I will do cycle trader and likely look at $4500ish and take anything $4200 or more??

I already changed all the fluids again (despite sub 700 miles since they were all changed in August last year) and cleaned it up nice, even got new tabs....

Someone will buy it because it is 636. I'd think that thing is very, very close to stock, so not a lot of juvenile hacks applied....

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
She sent an email stating how much better it feels and runs now and informed me "you are stuck with me as a customer for life now"

I am glad she is happy........ We'll have to see how long before she "needs" something with more displacement and bigger physically too...
She clearly understands the value of good service, and word of mouth advertising. That’s the ultimate performer for any business…. Do the job, at the agreed price, in the time specified. Nothing makes people happier, although some will bitch regardless.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #971 ·
Someone will buy it because it is 636. I'd think that thing is very, very close to stock, so not a lot of juvenile hacks applied....
other than the exhuast, windshield and brake lines it is pretty unmolested

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
She clearly understands the value of good service, and word of mouth advertising. That’s the ultimate performer for any business…. Do the job, at the agreed price, in the time specified. Nothing makes people happier, although some will bitch regardless.
Well there was the whole "free" thing too.........
otherwise her service would have been about a $600-$700 hit for her.......

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
A momentary lapse of reason on your part, Lloyd…. I have reasonable confidence she won’t be expecting a free ride from here on out.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
A momentary lapse of reason on your part, Lloyd…. I have reasonable confidence she won’t be expecting a free ride from here on out.
I had my reasons for free............... every now and then someone deserves a break, she was one of those rare few so I did........

had she been some hick idiot with a bad attitude............. I would have passed on doing anything or charged double for being a fucking moron.......... I must be a sexist ;)

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
The sport will die, if it becomes ever less appealing to the market. Motorcycle sales aren’t a significant part of the transportation equation in the US, because it hasn’t been perceived as a practical option for at least the past few decades. I’d guess it’s been eroding since the end of WWII, when automobiles became so much more readily available.

I’m strongly in the camp of supporting folk who want to explore motorcycles. I think it’s a crying shame that the industry is not underwritten with subsidies to sell moderately powerful, economically sound bikes.

There are a number of mfg who offer bikes that get >60 mpg, which can do freeway speeds with a rider and some cargo on board. I haven’t heard of any model like that which is a best seller here, ever.

Apple computer survived, because they spiked their market. Many school districts were given free mac pc, and the generation of students exposed to the have been buying everything Apple has made since.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #976 ·
The 250 ninja from the late 80's to late 2000's was the most popular (or right at the top of the most popular top 5) bike around and was cheap and could run over 100mph all day long and still get upwards of 60mpg

but as far as carrying capacity you had to add a tank bag or soft luggage or back seat bag if you wanted to take more than what fit inside your own pockets....

Motorcycles have gotten so ridiculously expensive is part of the problem, and they are much more expensive to operate than anything with 4 wheels..........
I can drive my 1 ton 9300 lb truck around the coutry in relative comfort with a half dozen motorycles in tow for less money that it would cost me to drive any single motorcycle around the country in discomfort hauling nothing but bare essentials........ There is tons more to the expense of the motorcycle to look at than just the fuel cost, and people are figuring that out, not all the people but many..........

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
That goes to my point, Lloyd. A small displacement commuter bike should have the same tax breaks as electric vehicles and hybrids. If the same multiple thousands of dollars is applied to a much less expensive vehicle, there would be a much greater incentive to ride.

still going to be the same winnowing of ignorance, but a lot more exposure would result in more riders in the pipe

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #978 · (Edited)
Chineseum trash...............

but better chineseum trash than the last one of these 05 R6's I installed chineseum trash on............. (this one got some ZXMT brand of plastic........ the last one got some fiberglass material with decent paint and I am unsure what brand it was)
but the fitment still sucked and I needed to drill nearly every hole (they were simply too small for the bolt to pass through and where grommets go they were too small that the grommets did not fit to fit the spacer sleeve inside) and most needed to be offset 1/4 to 1/2 a hole width forward or backward...... and of course where the clips go- about half needed the material thinned down to allow them to slide over
there is still a huge stess point in both rear lower mounts (nearly 3/4" wrong alignment rearward and location meant I really couldn't do anything but flex the whole panel to make do getting those bolts installed........uggg) that'll be a fracture point for sure
then things like the side covers that have no steel shoulder inside like oe, so as you tighten up the bolts to squish the plastic more and more and the bolts never feels tight, and the typical shit quality chineseum windshield---they make them all blacked out so you can't see all the flaws or how bad they fit

here is some pictures for your entertainment....

Considering the bike was totalled and received;
new sub frame, new front fairing stay, a new handlebar, new handlebar clusters on both sides, new to bike left fork leg, straightened wheels and new seats............ then my major service tune, new tires, new brake pads, new frame sliders, new axle sliders, new coolant recovery tank, all new grommets, spacers and fasteners for the bodywork, new grips

I have no idea how much he spent on the bodywork and all the parts he shipped here.......... but I bet it is atleast $1k
then he is about to get my bill.........going to be around $2.6k-$2.7k
putting $3.6K- $4k into this pile didn't and still doesn't make sense to me......but his money his choice.....

.....now he needs to replace the mirrors the pointy dangerous levers and then go at the old plastic bits and get some color back into them (tire hugger, recovery tank cover, back of headlights, mirrors etc) atleast then it would look somewhat better with everything being a decent shade of black instead of sunfaded black..... and the dented and rashed tank should get some bodywork time as well--it doesn't look good as is...............

About to go out and fill it with fresh fuel and bed in the brake pads and scuff the tires and do a shake down ride on it........ wish me luck....... lol

POST #834 is the other chineseum 05 R6 pictures and story...........

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 ·
2 Smoker work on a too hot and humid day!!!!!!!!
aftermarket fender required a little modification to fit
chain kinked and shit
rusty wheel beairngs
shit brake pads
original tires from 2001..these were replaced with some DOT knobs so he can license it....
fricking 101*

Attachments

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #980 ·
Well I did not die while test riding it those 30 miles, but this thing is like riding a buckboard........uggg

a couple of sunlight views........

the mirrors are useless, I can totally see why he has those big blind spot mirrors attached, the yellowish weather cracked headlights......uggg

and his old ass chain got loose enough to start slapping the swingarm, in about 10 miles.......uggg

That said, the thing stops on a dime and hands you change back.........

Attachments

961 - 980 of 995 Posts