Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

741 - 760 of 764 Posts

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,125 Posts
Spent about 3 hours with the chainsaw today.(well okay it is 30 minutes to drive to the site and 30 minutes back)....... pretty tired now plus pretty dark out- will unload and split it another day....

great excercise though...
Wood cutting on a cold but sunny winter day, that’s not too windy is a great way to get sun on the skin. Done to a t-shirt in no time.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #742
Just read all this. I'm glad you're ok man. Sucks you're still paying the price for that accident, sounds like you were in good hands. Stay healthy dude and eat good food. And keep chopping wood lol.

Can you tell what kind they are via this picture????

and yes sir....... trying my best, filled the trailer over filled today in my couple hours out playing in the woods. Only picked the dead trees to cut so it was a few times having to repark to keep the lifting and carrying to a minimum, but the other fucks who have been out cutting this land (mostly oak and the DNR told the landowner it all had to be cutting down due to some bug infestation killing most of the entire couple acres of woods, and they gave them some time limit too, but that expired a couple years ago now and still about half of the woods is still standing)

Anyways........ fresh sawdust everywhere but these fucks left big branches (upto 6 or 7 inches in diameter plus all the limbs beyond sometimes extending 20' or more that laying everywhere) it was like a minefield.......so I cut up most of that stuff that I deemed in my way and loaded up everything bigger than 3" before going on to the tall timber.....
20' truck with 20' trailer attached (about 44' total length I suppose) isn't exactly conducive to manuevering in the woods....lol- atleats the bobcat trailer is all good steel and backing it into and over things really doesn't do much to it....
I love me the sound of a felled tree, then the bark of the 38 year old chainsaw with the rusted apart muffler is music- nobody around today but me..... I supposed because it is a workday.... thinking I will go back tomorrow after I unload and get another load now that I have 3/4 of a tree all debranched and on the deck and only got through about half of each cut (need to bring the log roller with tomorrow keep the chain out of the dirt! but today the trailer was over full and my body had had enough for the day..... and it was getting dark, but it was fun....

Sad part of the day......... I tried stopping for dinner on the way home and both the local BK and McD's were not allowing in dining room seating...... fuckers ........ So I didn't grace them with my business, I drove an extra 7 miles and bought from the mom and pop asian cuisine place Satay to Go, and they did allow me to seat indoors and eat, but it was so nice out and I was so dirty (sweaty/sawdust, smelled of two stroke) I chose to sit on their lone outdoor patio table, it was pretty good sans the wind trying to blow it all away if you didn't keep hold...........

Attachments

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Wood cutting on a cold but sunny winter day, that’s not too windy is a great way to get sun on the skin. Done to a t-shirt in no time.
it was 70 degrees here today, but the wind was howling about 30mph, couldn't really tell inside the woods, but could tell as soon as I came out of them and when I was doing some outdoor dining.......

I guess we will see some 60's the next couple days then friday they are talking about 80 degrees.wtf, indian summer a whole slew of people are claling it since we have already been sub 30* more than a few times, as recent as Sunday morning even....

Reactions: laggy311

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,125 Posts
it was 70 degrees here today, but the wind was howling about 30mph, couldn't really tell inside the woods, but could tell as soon as I came out of them and when I was doing some outdoor dining.......

I guess we will see some 60's the next couple days then friday they are talking about 80 degrees.wtf, indian summer a whole slew of people are claling it since we have already been sub 30* more than a few times, as recent as Sunday morning even....
This Indian summer is probably gonna fade quickly here. It’s just been amazing. Tree in front yard is 10% color change. A few trees are done already. Most haven’t changed.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
Finally got what seems to be the "final" design....

well except the flag is having the stars moved to the top right corner not the top left

Forcefield isolator level 2 armour throughout
airbag....duh
Ti sliders
Stingray extras at the hips, forearms and shoulders
Doubling up..... forcefield Isolator level 2 x 2 layers in both hips
4 zippered vents, no perf.......... too many cold mornings when I depart and it is often in 30's and 40's and I nearly never ride if it is over 85.......... besides all the keprotec stretch panels breath and I, no doubt, will be cold those mornings anyways
inner elbows have the extra layer of "superfabric" where the keprotec and the leather meet
I added 2.5" to the tail of the jacket to cover some of the stretch panel of the pants when in the riding position
of course racefit, because duh......... Sportbike riding pretty much requires that
2 pair of thier Kangaroo race gloves custom made as well

So custom sized, custom colors and removed 8 of the 11 Plus logos, then every option they offer is added and then some (I mean I don't mind some minor advertising, but 11 times on a suit is stupid ridiculous! I only want to advertise for myself!)

and dirt fucking cheap.......... gloves are $150 a set, suit is still just over $1000 even with all the additions.......

Not that I really care what you guys think, but I'll ask anyways.........lol

What do you think.... style layout and the level of protection

Attachments

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
The pile moved around closer to the man door behind the house thus far......... Still about double that sitting over near the fence (I have to, in a warm winter, have that pile extend 2 deep all the way to the end of the garage at 6' high plus have the storage space inside the garage stuffed and that pile to the right of the bump out....... cold winters I easily burn twice as much)

I did get everything off the trailer today and piled up near the splitting area and went back to the woods for about an hour to finish off and load up that felled tree plus a little more......

Attachments

Reactions: Strider

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,125 Posts

well except the flag is having the stars moved to the top right corner not the top left

airbag....duh
Ti sliders
4 zippered vents, no perf.......... too many cold mornings when I depart and it is often in 30's and 40's and I nearly never ride if it is over 85.......... besides all the keprotec stretch panels breath and I, no doubt, will be cold those mornings anyways
inner elbows have the extra layer of "superfabric" where the keprotec and the leather meet
I added 2.5" to the tail of the jacket to cover some of the stretch panel of the pants when in the riding position
of course racefit, because duh......... Sportbike riding pretty much requires that

So custom sized, custom colors and removed 8 of the 11 Plus logos, then every option they offer is added and then some (I mean I don't mind some minor advertising, but 11 times on a suit is stupid ridiculous! I only want to advertise for myself!)

and dirt fucking cheap.......... gloves are $150 a set, suit is still just over $1000 even with all the additions.......

Makes your ass look great

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
Makes your ass look great

I need that doubling up layers at the hips to accent that, thanks for noticing........... lol

ON an up side, nobody will not know who is in front of them

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,125 Posts
I need that doubling up layers at the hips to accent that, thanks for noticing........... lol

ON an up side, nobody will not know who is in front of them
That is for sure. Free advertising for the suit company too.

Reactions: riverszzr

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #750
Wood pile got a little bit more split and stacked, then it started to rain....... so some is just piled up
It was a balmy 62 today with pretty high winds, but damn....... everytime I had to open the overhead door today for customers bikes in or out the fucking leaves that blew in.jeezus I went and got my leaf blower at lunch time and would start it up before opening the door in the afternoon and evening to try and atleast keep some of the hundreds out....... fucking ridiculous how many leaves are inside now

and wow........... fairings for an 06 R6 showed up, very well packed inside the box, the box not so much as it is single layer and has a corner crushed..........
I have not yet opened the packaging further to look at quality of parts or paint, but customer bought these from some china company for like $350? and 6 weeks later they arrived- I guess they paint them after you order and they will paint to your design????
he wants to see them with me tomorrow, so waiting to unwrap til he arrives.............

I wonder if the Wuhan virus comes in the box or on the box????- better bring the clorox to work tomorrow and wipe it all down!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
That is for sure. Free advertising for the suit company too.
Advertising in 3 places is much better than advertising in 11.......... but yeah, free advertising for them....... just like all the suit makers riddle their suits with their name prominently all over them

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #752
Wood pile is getting closer to full in the main area........
brought home about 70 more rounds over the weekend.....

Rememeber that V-Star1300 guy mentioned a few weeks back.......

he was intent on trying to make his 60 hp 750lb bike keep up with is buddies 110 hp bikes even against my advice to sell it and buy something else..........

Well he sent me an email over the weekend with a link to an FJR1300 (2002 version) that he is thinking of buying to replace his V-Star1300

he did mention his V-Star1300 has never ran so good or been "so fast" but it just isn't enough to keep up to his buddies still, so he is going to replace it.......... lol...... a roper valve adjustment/tune up and some performance flash, better intake system and new tires and brake pads/flush etc will of course make it feel much better than it did.........
I guess the next owner will get a great bike now, even if still an anemic 5 speed slow ass bike with about 70hp.....

Attachments

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
481 Posts

airbag....duh
Ti sliders

Which airbag is this? I don’t know which one to get.

Also, did you used to have a 2006ish cbr 1000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #754
Which airbag is this? I don’t know which one to get.

Also, did you used to have a 2006ish cbr 1000?

Tech Air 5

nope

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #756
So does Plus install extra stretch panels to accommodate inflation of the air bag vest or make it bigger to fit the un-inflated vest underneath the leathers?

if you go look at their website, they offer two airbag compatible suits. a 1 piece and a 2 piece.

but yes there are extra stretch panels and yes I took the measurements with the airbag on to have it made to fit comfortably but not loose over the airbag vest

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since I'm new to the site I've been reading..a lot. Your crash is what keeps me from getting back on the street. Where I live in CT there are deer everywhere. Have to be careful when driving in the morning as they are all over the roads. I keep thinking about getting another bike for the street..but maybe not. Glad your OK..your posts are super informative. How you deal with these people bringing you their bikes. In the condition they are in.I couldn't do it. But then again its just more income for for you.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #758
^ Everyone has a fear of crashing, a fear of other drivers/riders and a fear of wildlife ruining their day/week/year.......to some extent

I think many a track only rider doesn't even realize many of the same inherent dangers found on the street are also on the track.... the big upside though............. medical staff is typically on site and you have corner workers watching out for you and signalling you of the dangers they can see... but...
~It wasn't that long ago that a couple of motorcycle riders hit deer at the kettle bottoms of Road America
~it wasn't that long ago a couple of riders crashed at BIR after hitting a turtle crossing the track, and many more riders just fell down trying to avoid the turtle and got out in the grass
~even at the little tiny local 1.1 mile track @ DCTC we see deer routinely on the north end of the track and while I have not heard of any motorcyclists hitting them, I have heard of of some of the car groups hitting them, one unlucky corvette guy had one of them come right through his windshield and into the passenger compartment
~ then of course you have the jackasses on the track who ride unsafely.... I can't even begin to count how many crashes I have seen and heard of where some fucktard on track was making an unsafe pass or just being a douche and hit someone else and put them on the asphalt
~ and of course you have fences and walls and increased speeds etc...
~and you have a bunch of people riding "fast" in close proximity on bikes that may very well be poorly maintained on sketch ass tires because they spend all thier monies buying into the trackday and now can't afford (cheap ass motherfuckers) to keep good rubber, brakes and properly maintain the rest of their bike.....
~I have even seen peoples dogs get hit by riders at trackdays, pits.... but still they crashed as the result

As far as some of these fucktarded retarded dumbfucks who haven't a clue...... Some days are easier to deal with them than others.... somedays it just "fuck you, you're too stupid to be my customer!", other days it is a nice stress reliever to make fun of them and totally rag on them for their stupidity and push their buttons til they damn near cry and make them feel like the idiot they are, but make sure they learn something too- and some of those actually turn into decent long term customers, some never return becasue they want to not learn anything and continue to believe all the dumbs on the forums who talk about stupid ass bullshit like ..... " I never checked my valves until 100,000 miles and they were all perfect, so you don't need to check your valve clearances either as it is a waste of monies" or the guys who profess to have never changed the oem original air filter on their C14 and claim to now have 50,000 miles on the bike and it runs as good as it did the day they bought it---total bullshit as those bikes eat air filters every 10,000 miles or less they need new!
There are the dumbs and then there are the fucking morons....... some days it is easy to tell them apart, other days it is a bit more challenging but they are always found out which category they are in...... They, quite simply make me appreciate my good customers that much more!!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm a chief maintenance mechanic for a big real estate company in NYC..so yup..trying to get preventative maintenance approved is a bitch..its the wait till it breaks syndrome. Scarier still is knowing that your riding around a track at high speed with people like this. My first time at the track there was 2 major red flag ..call the ambulance crashes..shut down the track twice for over 2 hours each time..I'm like holy shit...there is at least 1 yellow flag per session. But I still feel its way safer than riding the roads where I live. I commute 45 miles each way into NYC..you can imagine the shit I see and avoid. I feel lucky to make it there and back each day. But I do miss street riding. I did it for 10 years all year long..and lived. Only 1 bad crash on my first bike when I was 20..shit tires. I was the guy with the garage full of bikes. I wish I knew about suspension tuning back then but at least they all had new tires and brakes. I want to get in at least 20 track days per season and a few rider academies..NYST is a great track..its just damn hard to learn it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good choice with the suit, nice to see the airbags becoming more widely used. I recently replaced my leathers and got a Techair race vest, and compatible jacket, and new Astars missle pants. The vests take up a lot more room than a CE level2 Alpinestars back protector In a jacket. I compromised “road trip” comfort for sport-fit, as I want this to provide best level protection should I have another on track mistake. I hope to keep my 22 year No accidents on street record continuing for another 22 years at least.

741 - 760 of 764 Posts