Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made my way up to Little Switzerland this AM for a 200 mile, 5 hour ride.

Stopped at the general store for a Mocha Latte and bear claw before riding the Diamond Back.

This area has the Diamond Back, Devil's whip, BRP routes and croses over the Eastern Continental Divide. This is one of my personal favorites with awesome roads, views, and people
Plant Sky Tree Land lot House

Tableware Food Plant Leisure Event

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Plant Sky Building Cloud Tree

Sky Motor vehicle Road surface Tree Asphalt

Sky Plant Cloud Building Road surface

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Plant Sky Building Tree Road surface

Car Vehicle Tire Neighbourhood Building

Font Reptile Symbol Illustration Emblem

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sleeve Font Emblem Symbol Graphics

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the Diamondback in my Z06 Corvette a few years ago and had an absolute blast!
Did you ride the Devil's whip on route 80? It's a short ride down the BRP from Little Switzerland and goes over the Eastern Continental Divide. I'm fortunate to live within a couple of hours from some of the best riding in the country. My riding area extends from Blowing Rock NC to Asheville NC and I ride to a different destination almost every weekend between 7am-12.

Reactions: riverszzr

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My wife was concerned when I took her up there for lunch because I ride solo and 1 mistake can send you down the side of the mountain. 221 or the BRP North from Little Switzerland to Blowing Rock are great routes and Blowing Rock is a great little town. 221 is more technical than the BRP but the BRP offers better scenic views.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We did a 8 day BRP cruise with 5 Corvettes and saw waterfalls, blowing rock, grandfathers mountain along with several great sites! Gotta love those tunnels on the BRP :)

Grandfathers Mountain:
That is a very nice Corvette and I'm sure it was an awesome journey thru the Blue Ridge Mountains. I passed by Grandfather mountain a couple of weeks ago on 221 from Blowing Rock to Linville where I picked up the BRP to181 south to Morganton NC.

Sky Plant Flag Flag of the united states Tree

Plant Sky Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Automotive lighting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts