Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sorry to say that the meds I am taking are taking a toll. It’s becoming more and more difficult to get out and ride, for a number of reasons. My stamina is hugely reduced, as is my temperature tolerance….. which takes a big whack out of any spontaneous opportunities to ride. Not commuting to work for the past two years has made it even more difficult, as my core has lost so much strength.

when I was undergoing radiation treatment, and dropped the bike twice in the span of a couple of months… understandable that my leg strength was diminished. That’s becoming a whole body experience.

I’m going to keep the bike through the winter and see if there is any improvement by spring. Between traveling for work, my health, and my wife’s health the bike is becoming a much lower priority for me.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
It happens and I am sorry to hear.......

I routinely see numerous people (friends, customers, riding buddies) have some sort of issues that dimishes their joy of riding- sometimes it is as simple as a friend moved or quit riding....sometimes it is health issues, sometimes it is because of a crash or close call, sometimes it is just too many other priorities (ie...family, work etc)

And they vary the spectrum in age, but I do see lots more of these people quit/highly reduce riding as they age

Even I enjoy it less now than I did just a couple years ago, for a few reasons but the biggest being my body always hurts and my lack of tolerance to cold on my foot...... thus my riding has been significantly reduced in frequency and total miles ridden.......

getting old sucks.........

getting injured sucks........

having medical problems sucks.....

Reactions: mmattockx

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m sorry to say that the meds I am taking are taking a toll. It’s becoming more and more difficult to get out and ride, for a number of reasons. My stamina is hugely reduced, as is my temperature tolerance….. which takes a big whack out of any spontaneous opportunities to ride. Not commuting to work for the past two years has made it even more difficult, as my core has lost so much strength.

when I was undergoing radiation treatment, and dropped the bike twice in the span of a couple of months… understandable that my leg strength was diminished. That’s becoming a whole body experience.

I’m going to keep the bike through the winter and see if there is any improvement by spring. Between traveling for work, my health, and my wife’s health the bike is becoming a much lower priority for me.
Oh I hope that you feel better and get well soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts