Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can any one help?
my lights on my zx6r j1 have gone out but its only the DIP BEAM the main beem the brakes and indicators are all working ok iv cheked the fuse and thats ok and the bulbs look ok and work properly on main beem any ideas??

please help i need my bike for work and i dont have a car cos thay SUCK! lmao

·
Registered
553 Posts
Buy a new bulb, I think there dual filament bulbs anyway so you can't really tell by looking at them if there bad or not. Bulbs are cheap, start there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but weather iv got main beem or dip beem on both spots are on so sureley that meens its not the bulbs because iv got no dip beem but my main beem is working. There is only 1 bulb in each spot if u no wot i mean lol i will go out tomorrow and buy some new bulbs anyway

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry 2 hear about the lights. Are ya sure the bulb hasnt blown? B4 I got the ninja I had a fazer and the lights were always blowing, a dealer said it could be to do with vibrations cos of a tail pack I used 2 carry, (I know it sounds like rubbish, but thats wot he said) Hope ya sort it anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my left hand(as you look at the bike from behind) brake light keeps blowing bulbs,tried two now and same bulb blows after a couple of minutes anyone else had this???

·
Registered
164 Posts
As far as the headlight goes... Grab a multi meter and do a continuity check on the bulb. That will tell you whether or not the bulb is bad. For the brake light problem, check that light housing to see if there is any corroded wiring cause voltage irregularities. I would think that it's something in the light housing vicinity because they both (brake lights) work on the same circuit, right?:cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iv found the culpret finaly!! its 1 of the relays well i think its called a relay its the white conection box in a black rubber pocket behind the lights. should cost about 5 quid to buy then me mates dad is gonna fit it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts