Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating buying these for my 2013 Zx6r. I'm having a hard time justifying the $275 price tag. They are well made and very precise from what I've seen in You Tube videos. They really make adjusting your chain and keeping the rear straight very simple. Does anyone have any experience with these adjusters? You don't see these on bikes very often, so why not? :O

·
Super Moderator
13,177 Posts
I am contemplating buying these for my 2013 Zx6r. I'm having a hard time justifying the $275 price tag. They are well made and very precise from what I've seen in You Tube videos. They really make adjusting your chain and keeping the rear straight very simple. Does anyone have any experience with these adjusters? You don't see these on bikes very often, so why not? :O
Gotta ask... How much more simple can it really be?

Loosen axle nut.
Loosen lock nuts.
Turn adjusters an even amount of times on each side.
Stick wrench in sprocket between chain and sprocket and rock the wheel to get it seated.
Check slack
Rinse and repeat until happy.
Tighten everything back up.

:O

Ey3

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Gotta ask... How much more simple can It be?

Ey3
You know, like simpler simpler... :O

You could be uber anal about it and buy one of those Motion Pro alignment tools everyone can't seem to live without. Seems like that'd be a more sensible purchase.

·
Super Moderator
13,177 Posts
You know, like simpler simpler... :O

You could be uber anal about it and buy one of those Motion Pro alignment tools everyone can't seem to live without. Seems like that'd be a more sensible purchase.
I have one, but I've only used it for changing the chain, and once when I had a bad case of the stoopids. Both time I had it pretty damn close just doing it by ey3

Ey3

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I have one, but I've only used it for changing the chain, and once when I had a bad case of the stoopids. Both time I had it pretty damn close just doing it by ey3

Ey3
People swear by them, but I seem to get it pretty damn straight with those factory supplied stoopid-proof notches. It may be off by a mm, but I couldn't tell either way.

·
Registered
618 Posts
People swear by them, but I seem to get it pretty damn straight with those factory supplied stoopid-proof notches. It may be off by a mm, but I couldn't tell either way.
Yerp, if you can count on both hands, the stock system is pretty easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts