Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
i bet the last guy who owned it had a kit on it and took it with him you will have to get a fender elimenator kit for that year try bike lites or werks dont put it under the seat to far unless you like talking to the boys in blue on a weekly basis

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have a 07 zx6r as well i bought a custom fender eliminator kit off ebay that someone privately makes in colorado it bolts right onto those 4 mounting holes and you can keep all the stock signals , just type in 2007 zx6r fender eliminator kit he starts the bids at 25 bucks or buy it now for 55 i havent put it on yet cause my bikes being painted but im hoping to get everything back tomarrow and install it , its a pretty good option inf you cant spring for an aftermarket exhaust off the bat hope this helps ive seen them on a 07 zx6r and they look pretty good .check it out its item # 320372478310

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dude my first bike's tail end was just like yours. If you want a quick fix, just get some washers and mount the plate to the two c-shaped hangers hanging down under the tail light. You won't have a plate light, but it will work for the time being. I put a competition werkes fender eliminator kit on my 08, and it looks good. I picked up the trick kit from 58cycle.com.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I thought about placing the plate on the c-shaped hangers, but adjusting them wasn't easy. For now im gonna follow directions in the "How to Forum" and buy some corner brackets and try to mount it myself by removing 2 of the already cut-off screws under the seat.
Ill post some pics if i can get it to work.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I just bought a piece of alum. and cut it, drilled it and got a led light bar to light the plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I got a free one from Moto911 (Thanks guys). They had a prototype and needed to test it. Used my bike and I kept it!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, the top left bolt is the light. I think I may remove it because it sticks out like 1 inch. The light from the running/break light might be enough to illuminate it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So how would install work under the seat? Currently have a swingarm one, but its flat, not that curved hyabusa stuff

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
OP, what'd you decide on?

everyone else, how do undertails mount on 07? and i mean like DEEP undertail, not on the end where the fender is/was

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is how I have my 07 mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Go to google and type in "2007 zx6r ss led fender eliminator kit" and there's several places you can buy the kit from. Only problem is it does tend to attract those people with the funny lookin lights on top of their cars due to its visibility. Haven't gotten a ticket from it yet though.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Eh, theyre lucky i even have one! Na na, j/k. I just like the undertail look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts