Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have none so i'm gonna buy somee

i need suggestions on good items

if it matters at all, i have a black leather jacket (icon)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you talking about leathers or armor? Icon makes some field armor you can wear under your clothes/ jacket/ pants. Leathers are best but can be hot on the streets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you talking about leathers or armor? Icon makes some field armor you can wear under your clothes/ jacket/ pants. Leathers are best but can be hot on the streets.
True, but who cares if it's hot? It's hot in the emergency room too :) Most leather pants have fabric on the crotch and inner thighs that keeps your important stuff cool. My A-star track pants are just as cool as jeans unless it's VERY hot out.

If your icon has a zipper for pants that would work well. If not, most pants come with a zipper half that can be sewn onto the icon by a place like lizzyleathers.com or the like. I ride with a buddy that uses the field armor under a joe-rocket canvas pant and he likes it. If you get/ make a two piece set up it'll be less stuff you have to buy if you should decide to start doing track days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Please keep in mind that clothing will shred and even rip off in a crash at speed.

Leather gear will resist it.

Much of the new leather gear is perforated and has good air flow.

Keep in mind sweat washes off while skin and bone grind off when contacting the street.

I am not preaching as I speak from experience and have the hardware in my body and scars to prove it.

Get the best gear you can affords meaning helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, pants. Gear is the best money you can spend on your bike and wear it all all times.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah like i said i wear helmet and leather jacket at all times (gloves sometimes) but my legs feel so naked and exposedd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts