Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just some installed some new led indicators on my 03 zx6rr and now the incators are flicking real quick just the same as they do when you have blown a bulb or something like that but both the front and back are working properly. does anyone know of solutions to make them flash at normal speeds. they werent a cheap kit so thought they would be pretty good. cheers everyone
chris.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
need a relay or something to slow them down, cant rember whats its called right now..

·
Registered
48 Posts
not a relay, a resistor. but picking the correct one means determining the resistance of the led blinkers you installed. got a multimeter handy? check the resistance of a stock blinker. then check the led blinker. go to radio shack and ask the nerd at the counter for a resistor that will fill in the gap. wire the resistor inline with the positive lead.

or just be a hyper blinker. people in sick ass civics pay good money to get that effect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that sounds easy enough will grab my meter from work tomorrow. does anyone know off the top of their heads which is the positive. Black or green??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts