Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for my first leather suit. Problem is, I dont fit the mold of the "average" sized person. Im 5'8 and I weigh 220lbs muscular build. I have very broad shoulders and a big chest but Im short. What suits are the bigger guys wearing that actually fit without having to be too long?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am in the market for my first leather suit. Problem is, I dont fit the mold of the "average" sized person. Im 5'8 and I weigh 220lbs muscular build. I have very broad shoulders and a big chest but Im short. What suits are the bigger guys wearing that actually fit without having to be too long?
I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Same height and my chest measures 47 inches. I've just ordered a custom made to measure suit from Gimoto, no of the rack one piece suits fit me unfortunately.
You could go down the 2 piece suit route. I was running an rs taichi gmx motion jacket and the gmx motions pants. The pants have a short option so I ended up with the 2BL which just managed to fit my legs in.
Just remembered, check out the new dainese laguna seca evo sizing to. They are making short sizes so you might be able to sneak in to one of those. They call them the conformed sizes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Yeah ive been looking at a few different custom sites, if I cant find something off the rack that I like, ill be going that route

·
5,759 Posts
+ for lionheart thats where im gonna get my suit made unless i find a better option
In my opinion No better option then putting money into a familys pocket vs the big name guys. I didn't quite understand that logic the first go around but now with seffs. I get it! At the end of the Day ATGATT

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I happen to run across a steal on some leathers. Only problem, they are slightly long. Same as anything that actually fits. Question is, is it too far fetched to have leathers altered?

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I happen to run across a steal on some leathers. Only problem, they are slightly long. Same as anything that actually fits. Question is, is it too far fetched to have leathers altered?
Plenty of people have it done, I had to on my rs tiachi leathers. If you know of any track riders in your area hit them up. They will know someone who can do it for sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mmm had a look around, looks like some fairly blatant rip offs. I'd give good money on them being manufactured in Pakistan.
No mention on the website of them being manufactured in USA, only owned and operated.
Check out there GP CARBON glove, complete rip off of the spidi carbo 3. Even there product image is just a dodgy photoshop.

LionHeart GP CARBON- YOUR COLOR CHOICE FREE OF CHARGE! * Provides full

Spidi Carbo 3 Race Gloves - RevZilla

A lot of these companies getting around nowadays, won't necessarily be a bad product. Dainese is made in Ukraine nowdays and I think A* in Thailand. Even my taichi leathers were made in China. I would just be worried quality of the materials used as well as quality control of the final product.

Ricondi I was one of the companies based in Australia but made in Pakistan, from the crash reviews there product seems to actually be quite good so you never know.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Shit! Sorry if that came off like an ambush didn't mean to come across that way, I just ended up have a proper look at there site and the products. If I'm wrong about lionheart I of course apologise to!
I just can't believe they photoshoped there logo on another glove , that's pretty half ass

·
Registered
426 Posts
Most custom leathers are made in Pakistan actually. At the same factory. A local guy just ordered a suit from company A and it had company B's tag on the inside.

Other then that the quality was really good up to par with all the big boys.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts