Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i started doing wheelies about a week ago and i cant get that balls in my stomach feeling to go away when i bring it up any tips that can help ill post a video of the last time i practiced

sorry its dark and i have to put the link because it wont let me upload the video

2009 kawasaki wheelie practice - YouTube

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Good job man. I'm not really interested in doing wheelies yet but I have got my front wheel up unintentionally comming out of a slow corner. I'm pretty sure everyone is gonna tell u it's all about throttle control to keep the wheel up.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
loads of tips in this section
just dont push it to hard take your time little by little

have a look at downshift83 wheelie part 1 2 etc etc and others to
it takes time im still struggling to lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish i still had that feeling, it's like riding a rollercoaster for the first time....and you keep going on it over and over and over... the feeling eventually goes away and it's like 2nd nature.(thanks for the plug MTP)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It will just take time... just like the others have said already... deffently need a video during the day though haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i went out today and tried to get a buddy of mine to snap a pic i did one and stayed on it but still had that feeling and let it down unfortunatly his phone was being slow and didnt get the pic and i couldnt do another becuase a cop kept druvung by :rant

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Unfortunatly one of my mates got caught doing a wheelie on public roads today.... he is currenty waiting to hear by post if he will get "done" for it under "wreckless driving" under UK driving laws.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Unfortunatly one of my mates got caught doing a wheelie on public roads today.... he is currenty waiting to hear by post if he will get "done" for it under "wreckless driving" under UK driving laws.
Couldn't he blag that he pulled the clutch in and it slipped from his fingers?

I've always wondered if you could blag yourself out of a little wheelie or stoppie by saying it was accidental?

I';ve seen grannys at sainsburys in the wet wheelspin, i assumed it was by accident, this was in a cage BTW

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
ok so i started doing wheelies about a week ago and i cant get that balls in my stomach feeling to go away when i bring it up any tips that can help ill post a video of the last time i practiced
The best advice I can give, I'm still learning myself, is to take it very slow and don't get too confident. That feeling will go away with time. I always used to get but one day it suddenly went away. I still can't hold a wheelie but I can pop them consistently. Practice Practice Practice, cover your rear brake, wear gear, and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Best Advise is Practice.... that feeling wont go away until you actually feel you know what your doing. Remember you are trying to ride the bike not the Bike ride you .

·
Registered
556 Posts
my best friend is going through the same thing right now....He gets too frustrated. yesterday he was like man its this damn bike. and we weant back and forth. so i got on it and showed him what the bike was able to do.. Now he knows its just him. Hes got a meant 05 r6 raven, 2000 miles on it. His issues are like yours. all mental. his biggest fear is looping and that somthing could get fucked up on the bike.. when you start to do wheelies you have to not care about that bike and if somthing happens to it you will just fix it, thats it. but it does help if you have it caged up. crash cage, sub cage, round bar. Just some added comfort i guess. And like they all said. take your time getting to know your throttle response, and the feeling the bike come up. Dont try to through it up high right when you clutch it.. just bring it up two or three feet and then roll the rest of the way into it.. Yes a video during the day would be better, and i could tell if there was any room for improvement on posture. and post it in the wheelie thread.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Couldn't he blag that he pulled the clutch in and it slipped from his fingers?

I've always wondered if you could blag yourself out of a little wheelie or stoppie by saying it was accidental?

I';ve seen grannys at sainsburys in the wet wheelspin, i assumed it was by accident, this was in a cage BTW

Unfortunalty not.... It was a full boar power wheelie and was very high.... it was two of them coppers that had massive smiles when he pulled up to us even though our mate fucked off so he didn't get caught... however they got him on camera mounted on the car.... fuckers

·
Registered
222 Posts
busted!

·
Registered
222 Posts
throttle cable got stuck?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
(thanks for the plug MTP)
:bigthumb: no probs (now help me out wheres my b/p) :laugh:laugh:laugh

killzrain (i havent got to my post yet but hey i need help lol):laugh :laugh

nothing like asking for help is there
pop over this way you two and i'll buy the pints :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
throttle cable got stuck?
No idea what he is going to say.... Just have to wait to see if he deffently gets something through the post :O

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you everyone for the advice i went out today and practiced it took about 25 min to get used to it coming up so quick but by the end of the day i could bring it up and hold it for a short amount i still cant get to my bp because im not comfertable with going that high but ill get there and will deff put a vid on here when i get a good one

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
"happy days"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts