Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it will be in the 50's-60's tomorrow, I'll close out the year riding back and forth to work. :BigGrin Home before the crazies come out to play:eek:, and tucked in before the witching hour.

May take the bike out again 01-01-2020, just for good measure.:devilish

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,361 Posts
We got a half inch of ice and sleet yesterday, and we're below freezing with wet and salted roads today. So I'm out unfortunately.

PS scorpio is a pussy

Reactions: sbk1198 and Scorpi0

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got a half inch of ice and sleet yesterday, and we're below freezing with wet and salted roads today. So I'm out unfortunately.

PS scorpio is a pussy
The fate of the privileged (Scorpio) is to lose sight of the value of their condition. always wanting more.....:BigGrin

I should have worn my balaclava on the way in, my sweater vest would have been a good choice as well, but I wanted to keep the load light for the trip home later today. Heated gloves did the trick, as usual.

There was absolutely no traffic on the road. When that happens, it's always a problem for me. :dowhat The LEOs pay more attention to the rare person operating a motor vehicle..... :O

I had to slow down and pay attention to the posted limits.:devilish

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not me. Its fuckin cold!
Not too cold here today for a quick ride (our high temp will be around 40F), but road conditions are way too slippery for anything but disaster. The snow is pretty deep at the acreage for an off road ride as well.

Guess I'm out... Might have to do some shooting to compensate for not riding.

Mark

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^it's always traction first, then relative comfort. If I've got the gear for the conditions, and I can..... I make it a point of riding. given my adventures in health this year, I don't want to miss any more time than I need to.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One day Im gonna get some winter gear so I can be cool like u guys.
Pretty sure that San Diego gets colder at night than the L.A. basin, at least until the Santa Annas kick in. The mountains create a big pocket of stagnant air.... S.D., It just blows straight out to sea off the desert.

A ski jacket was not enough. Driving a convertible at night in November required a heavy jacket, and a hat.

If you want to ride more, buy the gear that allows it. 3 years in San Diego, and i put more than 40 of the 52K I had on my '85, when I sold it to a coworker in late '89.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I actually think LA gets slightly colder than San Diego, but pretty much the same.

LA is actually pretty big and the weather can differ ~20 degrees depending where u are at. Im currently in Santa Clarita (far outskirts of LA). And in the summer time Ive experienced 90° here in the evening and I ride to work 45 miles away and its in the low 60s.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look at that sexy ass tractor!
4WD, diesel, can lift ~800lbs in the bucket...... The brush hog will destroy saplings up to about an inch thick. Not as good with 2+ ", lol.

It can be set to locked rear axle, positrac style. I've had it on steep enough terrain I thought it would go over.

I've bulled it through heavy, heavy brush I couldn't walk through chopping that 5' wide path around the edge of my acreage.

I've dug a number of holes with the bucket...... A back hoe attachment, a box scraper, a rototiller.... All things I don't have that would work better than bodging along with what I do have....

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
4WD, diesel, can lift ~800lbs in the bucket...... The brush hog will destroy saplings up to about an inch thick. Not as good with 2+ ", lol.

It can be set to locked rear axle, positrac style. I've had it on steep enough terrain I thought it would go over.

I've bulled it through heavy, heavy brush I couldn't walk through chopping that 5' wide path around the edge of my acreage.

I've dug a number of holes with the bucket...... A back hoe attachment, a box scraper, a rototiller.... All things I don't have that would work better than bodging along with what I do have....
U think they would let me drive one of those down the 405 on my way to work?

But seriously, I love machinery. I think I would enjoy the country life for that reason. Theres always some shit to do!

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The suspension leaves a lot to be desired. :) As in, there is none. I bought this one, because the control layout is exactly the same as my John Deere lawn tractor. One pedal to go forward, one to go back. Hand throttle, single control for all bucket functions, a couple more levers for everything else. My wife has no fear of driving it and does at least as much with it as I do. win-win.

Mine is a light duty tractor. Serious farm tractors are much more massive and capable. I can plow my driveway, dig holes, level the driveway, move multiple wheelbarrows worth of dirt at a time. Can't really run harvesting equipment, or bailers, etc.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/tag/i-cycle-derby/

72 years running now............ new years day tradition.......... regardless of weather, often less than 10 people actually participate though and despite this years weather being nearly 40* there were not many attendeees again.... a couple years ago there were about 40 participants, most of them on groms and urals

It is only about 50 miles or so total, and there are stops/check points and lunch in there to warm back up etc....- I think last year had 8 participants

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts