Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Here in Chicago, it's illegal. With that said, I lane split on every single ride. Never been ticketed for it and a few cops have seen me do it, but they never payed me any mind.

I'm all for lane splitting, personally. Like any other aspect of riding, there is a certain level of caution one must excersice while doing it.

I have been on both sides of the asshole/safe rider coin. On the asshole side, I've lane split with a large group of riders at 140+mph. On the other side, I've been in bumber to bumper grid lock traffic and lane split at 10-15mph just to get through the shit.

I'm not proud of the asshole side and MOST of those days are past me but like I said before, lane splitting is a great idea that is useful if done responsibliy.
even if the cops in chi town cared to even pull you over they will just take some money and be on their way:devious

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It makes sense but texans drive like idiots, not all but more than enough to scare me haha. If traffic was stopped and it were legal thatd be awesome. With traffic moving id be very hesitant.

Also i wonder how accurate the death statistic is between California Texas and Florida now?
Keep in mind helmets are optional in Texas

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Keep in mind helmets are optional in Texas
How are helmet laws not universal at this point?? You ride a sports bike, tell me you've got your helmet on when you ride!!

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
I split in md...and I've been cited for it

Md troop walked out then jumped in front of me, fool kept shouting "don't run"

I was ofcourse splitting safety at a safe speed ...abt 5-10Mph as traffic was stopped

I still spit but I'm seriously Arnd 40mph consistently or 10-20mph above the flow of traffic...and yes I bees watchin for the popo

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
im in the uk .....and its second nature to lane split as you say .....to me and other brits its just normal riding .......you can do it safely of you can be a nob end and be dangerous ......the choice is yours :O

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.