Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on YouTube today. There is always a danger when lane splitting but as this video shows, the more risks you take the bigger the chances are for you to ruin a great bike. Ride Safely Bros.

Lane Splitting Accident

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he was, I still don't understand why he opened the door like that without looking. If it's legal I'm sure he's at fault. But the rider was going a bit to fast to react on time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that's insane! That is definitely a reason for an a** whooping.
Had a cop flash his lights to me today, no ticket, when I split a couple of cars. I was going slow and watchful but some cops like to give tickets.

·
Registered
879 Posts
the truck driver totally opened his door on purpose. but that's got to be the most dangerous way to lane split. only time i split lanes is when i'm between a curb and a car, or 2 cars going the same way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why did he open his door? What an idiot. Glad to see both rider and passenger get up after that one. Can't imagine catching the edge of a car door like that. Probably could cut you in half if your going fast enough.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Wow that's insane! That is definitely a reason for an a** whooping.
Had a cop flash his lights to me today, no ticket, when I split a couple of cars. I was going slow and watchful but some cops like to give tickets.
Is lane-splitting legal in Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is lane-splitting legal in Pennsylvania?
No, only in California if I'm not mistaking, depending on the situation, police might let you go, or flash their lights, but if your riding like a mad man between cars and one spots you, yeah, get ready for a nice little fine here in PA.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
No, only in California if I'm not mistaking, depending on the situation, police might let you go, or flash their lights, but if your riding like a mad man between cars and one spots you, yeah, get ready for a nice little fine here in PA.
That's what I thought.
It is cool the cops don't bug you as long as you're responsible. I bet they'd run me off the street if I tried any of that where I live!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts