Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the wise a$$es come out of the wood works, "YES" I did a search. And yes I did a quick search on the ether-net, but hoped this would actually be more fruitful.

Somewhere one helpful soul posted a LED bulb that is an exact fit for the front '13+ 636 models. These are not the normal bulb one the finds at Walmart. The slots in the plug are not the usual offset. It's found on Asian/European vehicles.

As I recall they are common on BMWs - I'm not sure if it's common to all 3-5-7 series, but I do know it was found on the 3-series. I had them on my '15 ZX-6R. But they were obliterated in my October accident. I normally keep records of this sort of item, but have misplaced that data since I moved after my divorce. Any assistance would be vastly appreciated.

Thanks, & regards.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RJ... it's humbling to be missed.

As my young son likes to say, "Dad, you have skeelz." Though I'm fully intending to keep my promise to him about not riding, I greatly miss the damn things. I have to stay away from bike shops. I guess I'm still detoxing from several decades of riding/racing/ & wrenching on them. So, I'm gonna try out modifying, repairing & breaking them down with a mate of mine. Hobby/part-time stuff. He's a slightly better technician than I, but I'm vastly more creative and have better lathe/machine/paint skills. He works exclusively on Japanese bikes, but I do have history racing & wrenching on Ducatis. We have four bikes already queued up.

My top two cervical vertebrae still have a ¼" gap in them. But my 2 damaged lumbar vertebrae are remodeling satisfactorily. I experience blinding white light behind my right eye; feels like a giant is trying to cleave my L & R pariatal ridge off of my skull. My memory is not so good, and then neurologist says I'm still suffering from a concussion cheeky wanker! I had to go back to the ED last Sunday because my normally good BP was up to 194/92 - yeow! But there is improvement going on. So, I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
I'm in a similar boat, most days are far better than things were a few months ago. There are still days where things go somewhat sideways, but not as many and nowhere near as far afield. It's amazing to me how easily I get out of breath. Most things I want to do, I can. Just takes more time than it used to, and I may need to take a break before I even get started.

Considering the alternative, I'm grateful.

·
Registered
12,563 Posts
Why is this thread showing up in the new posts? Is there a post thats not showing up or something? Last reply is showing RJ from way back in 2012.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Zedexmuse...still kicking!
Regarding the original topic.. the bulbs you are after are a BAU15S fitment, and as you rightly state they have slightly unusual offset pins ..I've been scouring the interweb for ages to find them in silver/chrome finish (still flash orange).
I'm fitting these to get rid of the "fried egg" look of the indicators.
Found them eventually from a French company called Vega Automoto.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah....that sure threw me off.

Porland01,

Thank you, sir. You are divine amongst mortals! The ones I used in my '15 636 were barrel-shaped L.E.D., and they not surprisingly came from Asia. They are bright amber. Once I find a source I'll be glad to notify you, just in case you might be interest in that route. And they really were not expensive, either.

Again, many thanks.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zedexmuse...still kicking!
Regarding the original topic.. the bulbs you are after are a BAU15S fitment, and as you rightly state they have slightly unusual offset pins ..I've been scouring the interweb for ages to find them in silver/chrome finish (still flash orange).
I'm fitting these to get rid of the "fried egg" look of the indicators.
Found them eventually from a French company called Vega Automoto.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Portland01: These might be up your alley, silver coated + LED.:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Funny. I just bought some LEDs off eBay for my 18’ amber turn signals. They are barrel shaped but I just went off part numbers. I hope they fit :( The internet said they would. It never lies?

ZedEx glad you’re doing better, hope it continues!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts